PDA

View Full Version : Question about WWA freak back

Hobbez
07-10-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm curious if anyone here has purchased and used one of the cocker threaded freak backs made by While Wolf Airsmithing. I have a couple of his freak tips and they are great.

My curiosity really stems from the fact that these can be had brand new in box for ~$40 when SP freak backs are selling on ebay (and here) everyday for $50-$80 or more!! As some of you may know, I've been trying to trade/sell a twistlock freak for almost 2 weeks now and I'm getting offers as low as $20 for it. Yet, I've been trying to buy a cocker thread back at the same time and the lowest I've seen is $50. Hell, the one I was bidding on last night sold for $82.73 and it was just a back!

Just wondering why SP freak backs are so expensive right now and if anyone has used the WWA one and has some input on it, good or bad. Just wondering why people are paying $50+ for used when new is available for less?

vf-xx
07-10-2010, 07:50 AM
People are crazy? I dunno.

I did some quick searches and I think you can find backs used for 30~45 ish, but they tend to sell quickly (I only checked MCB).

I can understand why the twistlock isn't going for much, at this point, I don't imagine there's much demand for it.

AC threads, however are far more common, and the masses are 'special'.

Frizzle Fry
07-10-2010, 08:22 AM
AC threaded Freak backs haver doubled in value over the last few months, as Smart Parts gear has been disappearing from store shelves. New-In-Package is selling for well over the MSRP, and "new style" is worth as much used as it was new. You can still snag the old-style barely-milled version for cheap; I've bought tip/back combos with inserts for $45ish on Ebay lately.

I'm sure most players have never heard of WWA, and many of those who have don't want to do business with him after all the "issues" with QC and customer service over the years. The guy just isn't that well known, and the frequency with which he fails to deliver product or answer emails and phone messages is just said.

I love WWA products (never had a problem with QC personally) but after my last few experiences, and advice from threads, I stay away.

going_home
07-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Only bad stories I've heard was when purchasing thru his website.
I bought many times from him thru Ebay with no problems.
Once was a $600 purchase.

His website says he has 27 black and 5 silver Freak backs for $34.99 (plus shipping).

http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/barrels.htm

Message him from Ebay and ask him to list the back you want (he has none listed now).

http://shop.ebay.com/wwapaintball/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

You should be fine purchasing thru Ebay as long as you pay with Paypal.

;)

lasrsktr
07-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm curious if anyone here has purchased and used one of the cocker threaded freak backs made by While Wolf Airsmithing. I have a couple of his freak tips and they are great.

My curiosity really stems from the fact that these can be had brand new in box for ~$40 when SP freak backs are selling on ebay (and here) everyday for $50-$80 or more!! As some of you may know, I've been trying to trade/sell a twistlock freak for almost 2 weeks now and I'm getting offers as low as $20 for it. Yet, I've been trying to buy a cocker thread back at the same time and the lowest I've seen is $50. Hell, the one I was bidding on last night sold for $82.73 and it was just a back!

Just wondering why SP freak backs are so expensive right now and if anyone has used the WWA one and has some input on it, good or bad. Just wondering why people are paying $50+ for used when new is available for less?

WWA backs are great..

I just recently picked one up and Enjoy it..

Although I do not really have a need for it currently since My main barrels are either a Deadlywind Fibur or one of WWA's justice barrels(these are freak milled)

Personally the less I use an actual smart parts product the happier I am..

Buy The WWA back and enjoy it!

~Steven

maniacmechanic
07-10-2010, 03:20 PM
WWA backs are great..

I just recently picked one up and Enjoy it..

Although I do not really have a need for it currently since My main barrels are either a Deadlywind Fibur or one of WWA's justice barrels(these are freak milled)

Personally the less I use an actual smart parts product the happier I am..

Buy The WWA back and enjoy it!

~Steven

I'm sure you know , but for the others ; Palmers makes a set of inserts that fit DW , WWA & sp backs , Ty is also making some inserts & they are both BRASS

Gadget
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
I use a WWA freak back and love it - looks nicer than a SP back.

I usually run mine with a Deadlywind Whip tip:

http://www.chimpy.com/paintball/wwa2.jpg

But also have one of the WWA stumpy freak tips:

http://www.chimpy.com/paintball/wwa1.jpg

I was a bit nervous about ordering as I'd heard all the rumours about WWA's service and with me being in the UK feared the worst, however he was very helpful via email and delivery was quick and painless.

Hobbez
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm sure you know , but for the others ; Palmers makes a set of inserts that fit DW , WWA & sp backs , Ty is also making some inserts & they are both BRASS

I have a full set of inserts and several tips. I'm just looking for a cocker threaded back that doesnt cost an arm and a leg I'm not a SP fan myself, but I just moved from twistlock to ULE and the only cocker thread barrel I have is a CP .689 And evan though I've been using the .689 insert, this CP barrel doesnt shoot nearly as well as my freak used to.

Thanks to those who has chimed in so far.

lasrsktr
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM

I know that...

I have Ty's three sizes in brass..

the Palmers are stupidly expensive and they don't make them small enough..

I have the SP SS insert kit which is fine for what i need it to do..

~Steven

leloup
07-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Any know where I could pick up a WWA back and tip? I own an sp back, and the only thing I like about it is the window, the little splash of color you can see.

Hobbez
07-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Any know where I could pick up a WWA back and tip? I own an sp back, and the only thing I like about it is the window, the little splash of color you can see.

Check the links in Going Home's post above. It has all the info to get one.