PDA

View Full Version : Emag keeps shutting off... help?

Magmerc
07-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Well, as I tinker more and more with my micro emag, I keep running into more probs. Oh well, its almost 100 percent working now. Almost. :rolleyes:

Anyways. So it keeps shutting off now, or at least not firing, in e mode. So I'm guessing either the power is cutting out on me or the sensor went bad but not sure. It'll fire a few dozen shots then stop. Help?

Also, while I'm at it, I have a classic mag I just threw orings into. Down where the on off assembly is though, at the very top, theres those two orings that go inside each other. For some reason though I can't get mine to stay like that. Any advice?

Thanks!

Ando
07-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Try adj the hall magnet on your trigger or you might have a bad ground. Pull the screw securing the board down to the frame and clean the threads.

Sounds like a bad ground to me though.

Magmerc
07-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Ok. Will do. And I recall my board being loose, so I took out the screw to check wires and put it back in, so its probably a ground. Is it the screw itself that would cause it though? Thanks!

Ando
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
If it's the ground it's due to corrosion. Just need to clean it up and you should be rolling again.

secretweaponevan
07-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Adjust your trigger out first. I scored a cheap emag because the previous owner had the trigger magnet set too close.

athomas
07-10-2010, 04:37 PM
The only ground point for the board is the screw that holds it in the frame. If it gets corroded, you need to clean it and tighten the screw. A few emags had this issue. Its especially a problem if the anodize layer goes into the hold. This reduces the amount of surface area for the ground contact.

Magmerc
07-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Ando, gotcha, will do when I'm back near the emag tonight.

Secretweaponvan, I'll look at it, but I'm decently sure the trigger is as far out as it can get. Previous owner didn't tune it, just threw it back together for me. I'll look though.

And gotcha.

Thanks!

maniacmechanic
07-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Adjust your trigger out first. I scored a cheap emag because the previous owner had the trigger magnet set too close.

Your going to rub this in forever aren't you ;)

Magmerc
07-10-2010, 09:46 PM
So wait. Whats the story on the cheap emag? Haven't heard it yet.

And quite randomly, fixed the ground. I don't know if you guys will believe me or not, but it wasn't the board screw or the magnet. It was the hall sensor (if I have the right name for the part) screw. It was corroded and slightly loose. I took it out, cleaned it, and tightened it. Now everything works. :clap:

And I had tried the board screw before that, just in case. But that wasn't it.

Thanks for the info!

athomas
07-11-2010, 06:38 AM
And quite randomly, fixed the ground. I don't know if you guys will believe me or not, but it wasn't the board screw or the magnet. It was the hall sensor (if I have the right name for the part) screw. It was corroded and slightly loose. I took it out, cleaned it, and tightened it. Now everything works. :clap:NO, the HES screw does nothing more than hold the HES in place. If it was loose, perhaps the trigger magnet wasn't activating it properly, but it would have to be quite loose for that to happen.

When you adjust your trigger magnet, start with the e-trigger stop. When the mode adjuster is in the e-mode position, the trigger should stop so that the trigger rod is not touching the back of the trigger. Then adjust the trigger magnet so that it activates the HES in front of where the trigger stops. The allen keys are metal and will affect the sensor activation distance, so check it after each adjustment. Don't rely on where it activates while the allen key is on the magnet adjuster.