PDA

View Full Version : need help Its like bolt stick only worse!

big poppa fluff
07-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I got two level 7 valve doing the same thing. Both are leaking out the front. i have change the power tube o-rings on both, lube the heck out of it, raised and lower my velocity to see if that helps. what else do i need to do. If I push back on the bolt it stops but a soon as i release back to leaking. I'm using compressed air with a 800psi per set tank.

Please Help

athomas
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Use a shorter powertube spacer.

big poppa fluff
07-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Use a shorter powertube spacer.
THat would be great but.. I have none. What is in there is a .220 and a .215 in the other.

What do you recommend?

athomas
07-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Those numbers are fairly low and should work in most cases. For a leak to occur with those spacers, there is a good chance that your sear is worn. The shorter spacer can compensate for the wear.

Also, make sure your rail bushing is in place. A missing bushing can cause the valve to sit farther back on the rail which allows the bolt to sit farther forward on the powertube.

I you need a shorter spacer and don't have one, gently file down the short one that you have until it works.

Coralis
07-10-2010, 08:17 PM
one thing to add when checking the sear for wear also check your level 7 bolts for wear .... though you probably did since you have swapped them .

big poppa fluff
07-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Those numbers are fairly low and should work in most cases. For a leak to occur with those spacers, there is a good chance that your sear is worn. The shorter spacer can compensate for the wear.

Also, make sure your rail bushing is in place. A missing bushing can cause the valve to sit farther back on the rail which allows the bolt to sit farther forward on the powertube.

I you need a shorter spacer and don't have one, gently file down the short one that you have until it works.
now that you say that I dont think these guns came with bushings! I got a buddy with a working mag coming to help me, we'll do some parts swapping to narrow down the problem.

keep the answers coming guys!