PDA

View Full Version : classic vavle rt'ing

PBChappy
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
I have a classic minimag vavle with lvl 7 bolt i got for my pumpmag and its it rt'ing faster them my xvalve mag. then after a bit it starts to leak down the barrel. i'm stumped, lvl 10 i can tune in my sleep but lvl 7 i lost on.

Ando
07-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Ck to see if your top on/off orings are there and if sear has snapped.

PBChappy
07-11-2010, 04:50 PM
well took the on/off out and changed all the orings that stoped the rt'ing but still bad leak down the barrel how is the lvl 7 power tube supposted to be setup?

leloup
07-11-2010, 05:52 PM
They should be a lasered image on the valve. It goes oring, sizer/carrier thing, then the tip I think. Change carrier sizes, that might help the leak, or a new oring in the power tube.

Ando
07-11-2010, 06:51 PM
If the PT components are all in correctly. Ck for wear on your sear and bolt face where the sear catches.

If they look fine then you probably need to go down in size on your PT spacer.

athomas
07-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Level 7 powertube setup:

Oring goes in first, followed by spacer. Then screw in the powertube tip to hold everything in place.

A leak down the powertube when at rest indicates a powertube spacer that is too long. Make sure you have the rail busing installed. A missing bushing can cause leaking as well.

ManInBlack
07-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Check to make sure your on/off pin isn't in upside down.

Newt
09-24-2010, 06:01 PM
It may be that your powertube spacer is too short or the spring is worn out. I noticed my classic is RTing VERY well with the powertube oring leak. I'm still working on fixing that, so I'm not sure if I have a mutant super valve or if that "problem" is somehow making it RT.