PDA

View Full Version : Team Anomaly (Scenario) - HustlePaintball.com's Factory Team is hosting Final Tryouts

TeamAnomaly
07-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Team Anomaly (Scenario) - HustlePaintball.com's Factory Team is hosting Final Tryouts on July 24th, 2010 - Denver, CO

We'll be doing tryouts @ Blitz on Saturday, July 24th, starting at noon. Just look for us - we'll be wearing green/black Sly gear and I'll be in my black Subaru Outback. We'll be there early, and will likely get a few games in prior to tryouts.

HustlePaintball.com is expanding it's influence and assembling a top-notch scenario/big game team in Denver, CO. We are fully backed by a number of sponsors, as well as having the 100% full support of HustlePaintball.com. We also have a home field, Blitz Paintball (www.blitzpaintball.net) whose owner is also on the team, so we'll have a great place to practice, for highly reduced entry fees.

Let me jump right in and cut to the chase. I (Ethan Hall, owner of HustlePaintball.com) used to play tournament paintball at a very high level. While I enjoyed the competition and honed my skills, you have to be at the absolute top of your division to get ANY recognition, and it quickly turned into a job (one that I didn't enjoy very much). After starting and building HustlePaintball.com for the last 4 years, I've realized that of course, I still love to play paintball, but I love to play with with the largest group of players in the sport! That is, the recreational group. Big games and scenario events are the best way to play with large groups of paintballs, who love the sport, and are more concerned with having a good time and healthy competition - not just winning.

The difference between us and many other scenario teams is that we're legit. We'll have head-to-toe gear sponsorship and backing from not only all of our sponsors, but HustlePaintball.com and Blitz Paintball. We're not looking for any clown with a paintball gun, we will be VERY selective and will be looking for players who are dedicated to getting better and promoting this great sport. I don't care if you show up to the tryouts with a top of the line setup or a plastic walmart gun. If you show positive qualities and willingness to learn, you are in a VERY good position.

We use HD camera equipment and take helmet cam videos of every day of play. We aim to outfit our players with as much quality gear as possible, so that we not only look uniform, but we play uniform and move as a true team (and have the footage to prove it!)

Pre-Lim tryouts are going to be held at Blitz Paintball (www.blitzpaintball.net) on July 24th, starting at noon. Please show up early, so that you can get registered, go through Blitz Orientation (if you've never been to the field, you must attend), and get your gun and gear set up and organized.

Blitz prices:
Entry & All Day Air - $12
Paint prices - $48 per case
If you stop by Hustle Paintball prior to the event, you can purchase higher quality paint (WPN Weapons Grade or XO V1) for less. You'll get $5 off per case, which ends up being $35 for Weapons Grade and $40 for XO V1.

Hustle Paintball
2801 Industrial Lane
Broomfield, CO 80020
7 - 7pm Mon - Fri (hours will expand in the future)

We will run a series of drills to evaluate your skills. I'd like to emphasize - if you are the best player at tryouts, and you have an attitude that you know everything, I guarantee you won't make the team. If you've got no skill whatsoever, but show immense potential and willingness to learn, consider your chances very high.

Contact the captains, Ethan and Dan, at ethan@hustlepaintballfactory.com or dan@hustlepaintballfactory.com or call 720-375-3693 (Ethan) to let us know you're coming. You don't have to register, but we'd prefer it. I'd like for you to include a short resume - tell us about your current gear, where you live, your age, and a brief history of your playing experience.

It will likely be very hot, so I'd highly recommend bringing plenty of water (duh) and a cooler with a VERY small ice pack to keep your paint in. Too large of an ice pack and your paint will become brittle. If you have no ice pack, your cooler will simply be a warm case. If you have no cooler whatsoever, you'll likely end up with paintballs that get fused together and are useless. Trust me on this. Bring a cooler for your paint.

Current Sponsors:
Sly Equipment
Sandana
Guerrilla
HustlePaintball.com
Blitz Paintball
Psiworx

We have a list a mile long of sponsors we'll be contacting once we have a roster that's filled up a bit more, as well as a website that's operational (give us just a few days...)

When you check in at registration, please inquire where the Hustle Paintball tryouts will be, and they will direct you to where to meet us.

Our first event is July 17th, which is the DMS Scenario COD event. I would recommend going to that event regardless, because it'll be a ton of fun! We plan to hit as many scenario events in Colorado as possible, as well as potentially competing in the UWL and/or SPPL. We will also hit D-Day in 2011.

Feel free to send questions our way - we're taking this very seriously, and we're going to do it right, so saddle up, and we'll see you soon!

Lomarandil
07-11-2010, 09:42 PM
It'd be great to have another UWL/SPPL team in the neighborhood.. I'll look forward to talking to you guys at the COD game.
Lo
BLC