PDA

View Full Version : Removing an ACE From the setup???

Stayhuge
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone, As some may have seen I was trying to sell this package:
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt277/ATachOne/IMG_3242.jpg

I may have offers for me to split them up (Someone wants the ACE and another wants everything but the ACE). Is it possible to split them without ruining either of the parts? I don't want to destroy anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :cheers:

Thanna
07-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Looks like it should be possible. You probably could clip the red and orange wires off the main board. De-soldering would be better, but a bit more difficult.

Stayhuge
07-13-2010, 07:34 AM
My issue is that doesn't the board need a red lead? Where as currently, my set up, the red lead is attached to the ace, then extended to the lead. I thought on regular boards, the red wire just goes straight from the board to the lead

Ando
07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Your correct. Just remove the red wire from the board not the ace. Who ever buys the ace will need that wire. Then attach another wire from the board to the lead.

Stayhuge
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Your correct. Just remove the red wire from the board not the ace. Who ever buys the ace will need that wire. Then attach another wire from the board to the lead.

So I will need another Red wire basically? A longer one that had a gromet at the end to attach to the lead.

Ando
07-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Just hit your local radio shack. They'll have everything you need.