PDA

View Full Version : I forgot about these

the mag guy
07-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh man I forgot about the twist lock barrel adapters! Here's geat link for all you twist lock barrel peopple lookin to get more variety in barrels! I'm probably going to pick one up soon myself.

Doc's Twistlock Barrel Adapter (http://www.warpig.com/linkout.cgi?www.docsmachine.com/gear)

here's the link that reviews it:
Review (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/barrels/magadapt/)

vf-xx
07-13-2010, 07:58 AM
They are pretty good.

However, unless something's changed with Doc's new store, he can be kinda flakey on shipping times.

Spider-TW
07-13-2010, 09:01 AM
If you catch him with some in stock, especially right after he made a batch, he does great. I actually sent mine back to him to re-size and got it back in about 10-days round trip.

Ando
07-13-2010, 09:30 AM
What do you mean by resize?

snoopay700
07-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I never really saw the point, the barrels i have for my mag work just as good as other barrels i've shot.

the mag guy
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
I agree snoopay700, but for example:
My friend Jason has 3 autocockers and a slew of barrels for them. Recently he picked up a mag in a trade. The mag has a stock barrel and he wants a new one, but twist locks arent as popular as they used to be. This part is a god send for him.

vf-xx
07-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Also they're useful if you want to run a barrel kit, as there are very few (if any) kits, besides freak, that fit a twistlock

Spider-TW
07-13-2010, 10:58 AM
What do you mean by resize?
He had made the one I had for Alaskan paint (small, sub-0.684). In Texas and Florida (at least), the paint changes a lot and gets large and rubbery sometimes. He opened it up to the same size as my old AGD crown point (0.689 iirc). Lately, the smaller bore would probably be fine.

snoopay700
07-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I agree snoopay700, but for example:
My friend Jason has 3 autocockers and a slew of barrels for them. Recently he picked up a mag in a trade. The mag has a stock barrel and he wants a new one, but twist locks arent as popular as they used to be. This part is a god send for him.
Yeah, that makes sense, i guess that's just me being how i am because the only barrel i've ever bought was an original crown point for the sole fact that it was an original and it was 11 bucks.