PDA

View Full Version : Tank Noob

the mag guy
07-15-2010, 07:12 AM
I have a noob question because I tried searching everywhere and I can't find the answer.

The Question:
Where can I find a 1/8 inch threaded on/off for a 68\4500 nitroduck tank?

The reason:
I just acquired an awesome nitroduck tank from dboggs79, but it's not the type of tank that screws into an ASA. Basically I have a 90 degree elbow sitcking out of the side of the reg that's suppposed to power the gun, but there is no on/off to "turn off" the tank when I'm done using it for the day. Leaving my gun pressurised is out of the question. The "top" of the reg where you would normally screw in to an ASA is the output pressure adjustment. I've tried screwing it all the way in (I'm assuming max pressure) and backing it all the way out (assuming minimum pressure) and still the tank is wide open. I can blow into the elbow and when I pull away you can hear the tank depressurizing. I need some type of on/off there to keep the pressure from escaping. Any Ideas?

I've tried home depot and lowes, they only have 1/4' threaded air fittings and they are signifigantly larger than normal paintball air fittings.

I'll try to put a pic up below to help explain
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/themagguy/photo.jpg

07-15-2010, 07:21 AM
heres one
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=116

the mag guy
07-15-2010, 07:22 AM
ok so I think I may have had the output pressure backwards. I just screwed the output pressure screw all the way in and when I couldnt anymore I used a cresent wrench to go another quarter turn. I can no longer blow into it so I believe it is off. This makes more sense to me now because I figured the reg has some type of shutoff. I feel dumb, but I'll leave the thread up for someone to confirm and for other tank noobs.

the mag guy
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
ok so you see in the pic that part that looks like a nut? What I didnt notice was a tiny set screw in it. Basically you can set it to never go below a certain output psi. As soon as I removed the set screw I was able to shut off the tank.....I guess this is where paying attention to details comes in handy.

Anyway I just dropped it off at the testing facility and the guy told me it would be ready by 3pm!

:headbang:

the mag guy
07-15-2010, 10:24 PM
As a final note the tank passed hydro, but the reg was leaking. Upon inspecting it, the burst disc had ruptured and the fill nipple oring was missing. the tank, testing and parts ran me about $80. This tank retailed new for what 250-280?! I consider that an amazing saving. Now I can feed my RT 1000 psi and watch it run away! Muahaha! :shooting: