PDA

View Full Version : Ball detent

kalabor106
07-22-2010, 09:55 PM
So I just installed my new ULE body to my gun and was out shooting it when after about 30 rounds the gun stop firing. Turned out that my level 10 bolt had been hitting my Ball Detent so hard that it broke the ball off the top and the spring inside was stuck between the bolt and the body. I unjammed the gun and now at question. Do you have to readjust the ball detent so it doesn't hit the bolt so hard or was it faulty?

Another question is with the ULE's light trigger pull kit. I installed it and it will do some odd stuff. as long as I'm firing it almost ever 5 seconds the gun will not jam. When I don't fire it. It'll have pressure in the trigger but will not fire. The only way to get it to fire is to De-gas it or give it a palm strike near the back in of the gun. Its been oiled checked for any burrs. The regular on/off valve works fine when its installed.
The shims have been adjusted to the lowest and to the highest. Spacers have been checked as well. The only thing I have seen is that a few of the shims seem to have a slight bend to them not allowing me to put the last shim on. Note the setup is a x-valve with a level 10.

TwilightG
07-23-2010, 05:16 AM
which type of detent are you using?
If it's AGD, there are two different thickness o-rings that they use to set the depth into the breach. Use the thicker one (if you have it)
I think the thinner o-ring is only used for Tac-One bodies.

If you're using a non-AGD detent, you might want to just see if you can find a thicker o-ring.
I think a few of us here have sheared the ends of our detents off ;)

As for your ULT, I'm sure someone will chime in soon. I personally never had the patience to get one working optimally so I just avoid them (not intended to discourage you, a lot of mag owners love it!)

Good luck :cheers:

kalabor106
07-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Its the ball detent that came with the ULE body so I assume its a AGD part. Okay I'll just have to watch what I'm doing and look for a larger O-ring to put on it.

Yeah right now I went back to the stock on/off valve, until I can order some shims to see if thats the problem. Thanks for the input

Ando
07-24-2010, 03:21 AM
you can use lvl 10 shims if you doing have any of the others. Just remember they're double the size of the ULT shims.

maximusgladus
08-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Talking about ball detent; what Angel model are the detents based upon? Many to choose from...

Thanx!

Butros
08-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I was searching for the answer to this very question just today, not for too long though, REALLY hoping for an answer........

OPBN
08-25-2010, 06:19 PM
AGD sells the detents you need on their site. SSP Reaper also sells them for reasonable, and you don't have to buy 20 of them to get the discount.

Butros
08-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Just looking for some different options. Kind of bored with the standard AGD detent........

So, does anybody know which Angel's detents fit the Automag?

athomas
08-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I think any standard Angel detent works. The ball detent should retract into the detent holder when the bolt hits it. The bolt should never be able to shear off a detent. When detents protrude too far into the body, its the detent holder itself sticking into the breach area. The larger detent oring helps keep the detent out of the breach area. You can check the operation of the detent by pushing the bolt into the breach area without a spring on it. If it is stiff when the bolt pushes against it, then there could be a problem with the detent. The detent should retract without effort.

It sounds like you have bolt stick issues. The gun not firing after it sits for a while is a symptom. Use the largest carrier that does not leak. Always use the same white powertube oring in the carriers when testing them. Do the testing without any shims installed. Shims don't adjust anything on the level 10 except how far it needs to move to vent air. The bolt always moves far enough to vent air without the shims unless it has bolt stick. If bolt stick is an issue, the bolt won't move at all, or the gun fires and it won't reset. Shims won't fit bolt stick.

Butros
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, I guess I will have to expound on this a little further: MaximusGladus' post and my post(well mine was, I think his was too) was a question as to which MODEL of angel has the same threads or style.

Some fit "pre-2005" Angels, and some fit other models.

I literally, as I was typing this message found this on a website:

Fits Angel Ir3, LCD, LED, EMags, NYX Matrix, Automag ULE Bodys

So I guess the IR3, LCD, etc., all fit automag bodies.

Thanks for the help

theGOLDENchild
08-26-2010, 10:07 AM
You could always get an RPG ReTent. Made for Mags, high quality, rebuildable.