PDA

View Full Version : Emag lowers magnet.

kcombs9
07-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Just got my Emag lowers back and the Magnet hole for the trigger has no base... Is this common after getting it re-annoed and how would I fix it?

Tunaman
07-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Put a piece of tape over the hole on the trigger side of the frame. Drop the magnet in the hole with some 5 minute epoxy and let it get hard. Pull the tape off. Make sure the magnet does not extend below the frame.

maniacmechanic
07-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Just got my Emag lowers back and the Magnet hole for the trigger has no base... Is this common after getting it re-annoed and how would I fix it?

Little bit too much time in the stripper tank ???? How does a Annoer send something like that ( damaged ) back ??? Who did the work ??

OPBN
08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Possibly a stupid question, but do you put the magnet in first or the epoxy? Mine just came back(from the same anoer) and seems to have a similiar problem. After reading this thread, I noticed the part inside the trigger frame where the trigger magnet would make contact was a different color. I pushed on it a little and it pretty much pushed through.

Actually, after looking closer, my seems to have some sort of foam peice inside the frame or something.

kcombs9
08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I would put the epoxy on top of the magnet so it has less chance of coming below and gluing your trigger. but that is also why tuna said to put wax paper between your trigger and the hole.

maniacmechanic
08-04-2010, 05:24 PM
OK guys we need to know who is annoing these mags
I just went & did some measuring on a E Mag frame total height of frame was .336 , the depth of the magnet hole is .322 , a difference of .014 , thats a lot of metal to loose in a anno job , though as I looked at the frame & realized probley what happened ; the polisher was trying to polish out the hump/ledge that holds the magnets
How about this idea , superglue a o-ring in the bottom of the hole

OPBN
08-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Mine was done is dust and already bead blasted when it was sent out. No polishing should have been involved.