PDA

View Full Version : RT rebuild help

redmammon
07-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok i have replaced a few orings on this valeve as im going to do a total rebuild. the only problem is i dont see 3 orings that look like the ones i need to replace. to the left of the part is 1 but my kit doesnt have the other 2 as i can tell. How do i get these orings off and back on without ruining the clip that holds them in? it is the orings on the left of the part. Help me guys lol
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/redmammon/DSCI0675.jpg

Rdogx78
07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
The orings in the rebuild kit won't be brown, they're white. Look for ones that are the same size. I used a dental pick to install the new one, just be careful not to damage the oring when stretching it over the clip. If you have an Ace hardware they have a pick that works well next to the counter where they copy keys. I would just cut off the old brown orings.

redmammon
07-23-2010, 09:35 PM
The orings in the rebuild kit won't be brown, they're white. Look for ones that are the same size. I used a dental pick to install the new one, just be careful not to damage the oring when stretching it over the clip. If you have an Ace hardware they have a pick that works well next to the counter where they copy keys. I would just cut off the old brown orings.
they lood flat and squared edge though. I just replace them with rounded ones?

Ando
07-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Ask your little friend on the lower left to eat it off for you :p

Rdogx78
07-24-2010, 12:03 AM
they lood flat and squared edge though. I just replace them with rounded ones?

The flat one with a squared edge is the spacer, not the oring. The oring will be a small fat donut looking one.

the mag guy
07-24-2010, 12:47 AM
yes, you can replace them with round ones, thats what I did and my RT is shooting like a dream. the parts kit should come with another spacer too. Pull up the exploded diagram on the AGD website and you'll see that there are circular orings there instead of flat ones

the mag guy
07-24-2010, 12:59 AM
yes, you can replace them with round ones, thats what I did and my RT is shooting like a dream. the parts kit should come with another spacer too. Pull up the exploded diagram on the AGD website and you'll see that there are circular orings there instead of flat ones

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/themagguy/DSC00853.jpg

Rdogx78
07-24-2010, 10:23 AM
that looks right. Does it seal up now?

redmammon
07-24-2010, 12:20 PM
that isnt mine but mine does look like that. yah it seels right i guess lol it doesnt leak and it shoots lol
that looks right. Does it seal up now?