PDA

View Full Version : Deadlywind carbon fiber foregrip prices?

koleah
07-25-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm seeing $80-100 pricetags on DW CF foregrips. Are they actually selling for that much now?

Cuz they used to be like $25-40, but if they're that high, I'm definitely going to unload the spare one I've got.

K

maniacmechanic
07-25-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm seeing $80-100 pricetags on DW CF foregrips. Are they actually selling for that much now?

Cuz they used to be like $25-40, but if they're that high, I'm definitely going to unload the spare one I've got.

K

K , i've been thinkin' the same thing & i've got 3 of them
Seems to me someone should suggest to Colin to make another run

Hobbez
07-25-2010, 06:48 AM
On ebay they are. But the ebay economy is a little odd right now. I've sold things for way, way over their value lately and had stuff that normally brings a lot get low bids, or no bids at all.

TwilightG
07-25-2010, 08:55 AM
K , i've been thinkin' the same thing & i've got 3 of them
Seems to me someone should suggest to Colin to make another run

I think going_home mentioned something to Colin already. As far as I know, DW has no plans to manufacture these anymore.

I would suspect it's not all that cost-effective. They would probably need to make a large run to keep the price around $35 and the demand just isn't there.

KiNgStiNg
07-25-2010, 09:34 AM
i really wish they got that hairpin trigger done i dont remember what they did to that gun but it had amazing trigger pull, great to see that company doing well now, making other products though.

Fred
07-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I didn't get my asking price but I did get significantly more than what I paid retail when they were released.

Supply = Low, Demand = High. Even in the down economy niche items will sell if there's demand.

Asfaraslogic
07-25-2010, 07:08 PM
maniac sounds like you want to send one of those my way before the world ends... ;)

maniacmechanic
07-25-2010, 07:37 PM
maniac sounds like you want to send one of those my way before the world ends... ;)

We got till 2012 ,,,, right ???

I like that screenname , should have added goes to it :rolleyes:

NEballer
07-25-2010, 08:03 PM
If your looking to get rid of 1 or 2 Ill take em, but I wont pay more than 60 each!

We got till 2012 ,,,, right ???

I like that screenname , should have added goes to it :rolleyes:

VailSkibum
07-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I paid $25 shipped for mine about a year ago.
But, buying that grip cost me another $350 by building a whole new marker around it! :rofl:
Better investment than gold! :wow:
----> AGD Junkie!! :dance:

dboggs79
07-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I myself believe that it's rediculous what people are asking for these grips. I've been looking into making a few of these up. I've got access to the carbon fiber at a very reasonable price. Well, very reasonable compared to what prices I've seen on these grips anyhow. The other parts would be very simple to machine. Would anyone be interested in buying these new for roughly half of what people are asking for them used. I would be able to offer them in a matte finish(similar to the DW ones) and a gloss finish. They'll also have a lil texture to them. PM me if interested and I'll start getting a list together and start figuring a more accurate cost.

NEballer
07-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Put me down for 10 of em if they cost less than 35$!

I myself believe that it's rediculous what people are asking for these grips. I've been looking into making a few of these up. I've got access to the carbon fiber at a very reasonable price. Well, very reasonable compared to what prices I've seen on these grips anyhow. The other parts would be very simple to machine. Would anyone be interested in buying these new for roughly half of what people are asking for them used. I would be able to offer them in a matte finish(similar to the DW ones) and a gloss finish. They'll also have a lil texture to them. PM me if interested and I'll start getting a list together and start figuring a more accurate cost.

zondo
07-25-2010, 09:59 PM
You can't release a bunch of the DW's onto the market all at once, or else you'll kill it.

I wonder if dboggs79 is going to make them, should they be at 15* or like the DW 10*?

dboggs79
07-25-2010, 10:28 PM
You can't release a bunch of the DW's onto the market all at once, or else you'll kill it.

I wonder if dboggs79 is going to make them, should they be at 15* or like the DW 10*?

Well, they won't exactly be DW's. I personally think they should angled slighly more than the DW's myself. And maybe just a lil bigger diameter. Any input you guys have would be great. Hopefully you guys will be the ones buying them. So they might as well be what you want, and not what is available.

koleah
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I myself believe that it's rediculous what people are asking for these grips. I've been looking into making a few of these up.

Oh damn, I better sell mine for $100 quick then!! :D

dboggs79
07-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh damn, I better sell mine for $100 quick then!! :D

You got a couple of weeks atleast! :D

koleah
07-27-2010, 06:40 PM
You got a couple of weeks atleast! :D

So what are you saying. . . $200 then? :clap:

leloup
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I just made one just like the DW, just with out the cf part. Though if I really wanted to I could make some. It wouldn't be cost effective, so I see where DW is coming from.

GT
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
I was never a fan of the angled for grip....just looked odd.

dboggs79
07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
I just made one just like the DW, just with out the cf part. Though if I really wanted to I could make some. It wouldn't be cost effective, so I see where DW is coming from.

How could it not be cost effective with the prices that are being asked for them? The end cap and top mount are very simple. It just takes someone with the tools to build it. And the carbon fiber is not all that hard to come by.

tbaggin
08-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Ive been looking into it myself. with the people doing the millwork, and the CF each unit is going to run me roughly 25-30 bucks. thats doing a run of 15.

Mongoose
08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
We are making a batch of 40

they will be offered in three different lengths.

They will be finished and ready for sale in 5 weeks.

here is a link to our thread if anyone is interested

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252539