PDA

View Full Version : HPA reg & tank for a Tac-one

Atension
07-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Hey,

I just aquired a stock Tac-one and I was curious about what is a good but not too expensive reg & tank set up for my gun. From what I've been told Mags like to run on output pressures between 800-1000psi not sure if this is compeletely true. I do know they are high pressure guns. If anyone has any advice or a used set up they would be willing to part with that will do the job PM me.

OPBN
07-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes AGD markers/valves are intended for use with high pressure out tank regulators. To get the most "RT" out of the X/RT valves, the higher pressure the better. To get it really cranking, you could use an adjustable reg that might get you up to 1100psi output+. Use whatever tank you want, as long as it is compatible with the regulator. I prefer 4.5k tanks as you can stuff more air into them, but check your local fields as to what they can fill to. If you only have 3k available, it might make little sense to spend the extra cash. However, I have yet to go to a field that hasnt had 4.5k fills.

Ando
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Look on the BST section. There are 2 Armageddons for sale ($80 I think).

sjrtk
07-26-2010, 01:04 PM
If you really want a good RT effect 1000 psi and up with a high flow rate. Armageddon regs work but the Apocalypse is better (correct me if i have them reversed) i am not sure which is the 4.5k reg. I have had good luck with the high pressure maxflo's. Ninja is now building regs for mags if you call and order one. Short answer is high pressure = happy mag.

Ando
07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I've never had an issue with any of them. I've got them all pretty much... Geddon x3, Apocalypse, Flatline, Maxflo x2 and a Centerflag.

I like the Geddons a little more then the rest. They're more bulky but can get a higher PSI out of them.

Recharge rate are all the same. Never had an shoot down issue out of any of them.

Newt
07-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Ninja. Just get a Ninja and be happy.

factoid
07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
The only Ninja tanks I've seen can only go up to 850. Supposedly you can get them up to around 900-950 if you add extra shims into the regulator. Is that pressure high enough for the RT effect?

I've been looking around and can't even find a newer HPA tank that has an adjustable output. My Nitro Duck can go up to 1100, but I'd have to replace the bottle which is almost past its shelf life. That would be fine with me, except it's only a 3000 PSI tank, so I am guessing the regulator will not support a 4500 PSI bottle.

Anyone know of a good HPA system that either runs stock at a high enough pressure for RT or is actually adjustable? i've looked around and can't find anything. The ninja is the closest I've found, but their official documentation says if you try to put it up over 950 with shims that it will probably blow its safety disc.

OPBN
07-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Supposedly, Ninja was coming out with a reg especially for Mag owneres that was going to be over 1k I thought. Haven't seen an update on this recently though.