PDA

View Full Version : some help for a new mag owner.

p_bpat
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I just bought a mag, and I have a few questions for you guys.
First of all,
Is there supposed to be a small bearring in the safty? (intelli frame)
Is there something I can shim the trigger with to remove the sideways slop?
That's all for now. I will probably have more ? In the future.
Thanks in advance!
Pat.

Looper
07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I just bought a mag, and I have a few questions for you guys.
First of all,
Is there supposed to be a small bearring in the safty? (intelli frame)
Is there something I can shim the trigger with to remove the sideways slop?
That's all for now. I will probably have more ? In the future.
Thanks in advance!
Pat.

Ball bearing with a spring and a small set screw holding it all together. You could get by cutting down a small o-ring and that will help keep the safety either in or out.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=178&categoryID=24
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=171&categoryID=24

As far as the side play in the trigger... they all do it. Some are worse than others and roller bearing triggers are not as bad but it's not really worth messing with.

p_bpat
07-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks a bunch. I thought so.
I know cockers have them, so I will just steal one out of my spare frame.
Its just weird that it worked fine without the bb. Just the spring and set screw have a tactile click on the safety spring. On my other guns, if you forget it, the spring just twists and bends.
Thanks!

p_bpat
08-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Ok, well I got my mag in the mail yesterday, and put it all together.
I bought a cheater and intelli frame seprately, and put those on too.
Now, how was I supposed to remove the trigger pin from the sear without breaking it? I tried to just tap it out with a small punch, but the small hinge pin snapped.
Looks like I will need another sear if I ever want to remove the cheater now :p
Thanks.

OPBN
08-11-2010, 07:32 AM
All I ever had to do to remove them was use a pair of needle nose pliers to slightly bend one of the sides up enough to let the pin slide down and off of the sear. They are not press fit onto the sear.

Ando
08-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Ouch :p

What he said^^^

It's kind of hard and feels like your going to snap it but it's a pretty durable little bastard.

OPBN
08-11-2010, 08:15 AM
It's kind of hard and feels like your going to snap it but it's a pretty durable little bastard.
That's what she said.....

athomas
08-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Is there something I can shim the trigger with to remove the sideways slop?I use shims or shim stock (with a hole punched in it) to take up the slack on the side of the triggers in all of my guns. It makes the trigger pull feel much more crisp.

SockMonkey
08-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I put a double trigger in a stock carbon fiber frame and it had tons of side play.. I popped the pivot pin out and put these small washers I had (fit perfectly). But before I could do that I had to 'level out' the arm with the pivot hole in it on the trigger. The thickness wasnt even across the hole and it would bind up trying to reinstall it. Once I flattened it the two washers worked perfectly.. almost ZERO side to side.. I love it.

p_bpat
08-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, I guess what they say is true. Hindsight is 20/20.
I thought the pin was press fit, and it just broke. Good thing I don't need it :p

Thanks guys!

And that is what she said...

factoid
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Not to thread jack, but where can one get a cheater?

p_bpat
08-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Spend hours in the bst forum on 3 different sites hoping for a person that needs money?
I think there was a thread in the dealers forum here, but I belive he's sold out. Good luck!