PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 spring question

Tek2974
07-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Changed around my pneumatic setup a bit, and while reassembling everything, grabbed the wrong spring, the red one. Reassembled the marker, and went out to the field. Leaked down the barrel like a madman. Had my CCM5 pump as a spare so no biggie there, kind of let down though. Came home, saw the gold spring on the table, and was like wtf.....what's in my gun. took it apart, put the gold one back in and no leaks or problems at all.

Now, personally I feel pretty confident in my ability to figure pneumatics and stuff out in general, but I have no clue to how that the longer red spring was causing my gun to leak down the barrel. I'm looking at the x-valve exploded view and I just don't see how it affects the lvl 10 before it's fired. Anyone care to enlighten me? :tard:

p.s. tried 2 other gold springs, both a bit longer then my current one, and get leaks w/ both of them, however my gold spring isn't cut down.

Tunaman
07-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Using the red spring will need an increase in velocity adjustment or it will leak until you crank it up...as yours did. ;)

Tek2974
07-30-2010, 09:01 PM
ok, so it has to do with the balance between the air coming in the back and the poundage of the spring pushing back on the bolt?

Tunaman
07-30-2010, 09:26 PM
ok, so it has to do with the balance between the air coming in the back and the poundage of the spring pushing back on the bolt?
something like that yes.