PDA

View Full Version : BPS anybody?

the mag guy
07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Let's try this again. I worte a friggin' novel and when I clicked submit it locked up then it vanished.

I finally got my RT to shooot how I want it and I'm hoping someone here still has the software to analyze the video and tell me how fast the gun is cycling. I think it was called gold wave or something like that. If you need the actual file I can email it to you. I'm not really concerned with ROF, I just want to know. My guess is somewhere between 18-20 cps. I compared the video to a tippmann shooting 20 bps on youtube and the cycle rate seem identical.

How many bps/cps do you think I'm getting?

Here's the new dry-fire video:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/themagguy/th_BPS.jpg (http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/themagguy/?action=view&current=BPS.mp4)

KillerOfGiants
07-31-2010, 05:05 PM
15-18? hell, you're going to have a bunch of kids asking what kind of electro that is, lol. but can you get away with RTing like that at your local field?

Tunaman
07-31-2010, 06:22 PM
The RT is the fastest gun ever made. No shootdown either! Claim otherwise? Show me the video!

the mag guy
07-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Well my local field is my backyard. I have some acreage and I made a 2-16 player woodsball field out there.

But if I went to the closest field bouncing the trigger everywhere they might get their panties in a bunch. I couldn't walk around bouncing the trigger the entire time, but if I used it in small bursts nobody would know. I'd put in my longer on/off pin that doesnt run away as easy. I can always put the stock pin in too and occasionally get a double shot. I really don't see what's so bad about using it. Technically its not like electric full auto since you actually have to pull the trigger each time. Though it is a "bounce" its still a trigger pull to me. My RT can be shot slowly, but that's like driving a Lambo only in school zones. I think it boils down to one thing...jealousy. If the others had it, they wouldnt care.

Tuna! hey man it's nice to see you on here, I haven't commented on any of your stuff or pm-ed you in years. It was awesome to see what you're doing for all the mag owners out there and we all appreciate the heck out of it!

KillerOfGiants
07-31-2010, 08:15 PM
oh, good deal. but honestly, the locals would probably have no idea what's allowing you to shoot that fast lol. might just assume it's a single trigger electronic like the sp1.

BiNumber3
07-31-2010, 08:49 PM
just tell em the compression n depression of the meat on yer finger is doing the "pulling" of the trigger

mpsd
08-02-2010, 07:18 AM
"ho-ho-ho-ho empty hopper..." LOL

brycelarson
08-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Goldwave is a free audio editing software - here's another called audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

you just import the audio into that - zoom in and count the spikes in the graph per second.

cockerpunk
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Well my local field is my backyard. I have some acreage and I made a 2-16 player woodsball field out there.

But if I went to the closest field bouncing the trigger everywhere they might get their panties in a bunch. I couldn't walk around bouncing the trigger the entire time, but if I used it in small bursts nobody would know. I'd put in my longer on/off pin that doesnt run away as easy. I can always put the stock pin in too and occasionally get a double shot. I really don't see what's so bad about using it. Technically its not like electric full auto since you actually have to pull the trigger each time. Though it is a "bounce" its still a trigger pull to me. My RT can be shot slowly, but that's like driving a Lambo only in school zones. I think it boils down to one thing...jealousy. If the others had it, they wouldnt care.

Tuna! hey man it's nice to see you on here, I haven't commented on any of your stuff or pm-ed you in years. It was awesome to see what you're doing for all the mag owners out there and we all appreciate the heck out of it!

they do have "it"

it just came from a 25 cent PCB from china rather then precise mechanical tuning.

also tuna, i believe the ion has surpased the automag in speed at something like 36-38 BPS. video - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8259701369931498373# not really surpizing that another blow forward took the cake though.

the mag guy
08-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah but can the ion last 14 years? Is the ion made of quality products similar to that of the automag? I doubt it...

Cockerpunk are you also cockerpunk on YouTube? If so I like your old guns tour vids!

the mag guy
08-02-2010, 10:06 AM
What about the minis? I know some people have them blazing fast and though I consider it blasphemy some people are calling it the new emag... I got to dryfire a mini and I do have to say I kinda like the little gun. I might pick one up soon

Spider-TW
08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
also tuna, i believe the ion has surpased the automag in speed at something like 36-38 BPS. video - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8259701369931498373# not really surpizing that another blow forward took the cake though.

I wonder, if you were willing to work with a "disposable" bolt for a mag, composed mostly of delrin or aluminum, would it boost the bps on a mag supplied with 1000 psi. With the way they seem to almost top out around 20 bps, it's like you're trying to drive them past a natural frequency. Maybe it's just the regulator. I haven't seen any bps reports concerning the superbolt prototype, which would have been about the same idea.

Maybe Beemer had one?

cockerpunk
08-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah but can the ion last 14 years? Is the ion made of quality products similar to that of the automag? I doubt it...

Cockerpunk are you also cockerpunk on YouTube? If so I like your old guns tour vids!

there is very little smart parts left in that gun, i think all the functional parts are lucky or some other aftermarket (possibly deadlywind). only time will tell if the system can last, but they are going on 5 years still kicking, and SP's SP1 and vibe are both alive and kickin using the same blowforward matrix system system. its a versitile and robust system if a bit inelligent, i don't doubt they will have some staying power in the marketplace.

yeah, thats me.

the mini is acutally a rather slow gun in cycle times, a lot has to happen to get a mini to fire, its about a 3 stage process, and that is gonna cut down on its super fast shooting ablity.

as far as tweeking a mag to keep up, i'd skip the level 10 all together, thats just gonna slow down the gun, a delrin level 7, with a stronger return spring and and an increase in power tube diameter would squeese a bit more speed from it. i don't think you will be regulator limited.

the mag guy
08-03-2010, 12:01 AM
...SP's SP1 and vibe are both alive and kickin using the same blowforward matrix system system....

I just worked a deal with a member here for a SP-1. From what I've read and watched on youtube I should be impressed... I'll keep y'all posted.

brycelarson
08-03-2010, 07:02 AM
I just worked a deal with a member here for a SP-1. From what I've read and watched on youtube I should be impressed... I'll keep y'all posted.

I enjoy mine. Not terribly refined - but it pretty much does what you expect, every time, exactly the same.

The mechanical anti-chop is excellent.