PDA

View Full Version : Pnue-Mag or EgoMag?

OneSelfLost
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Hey all,

Well I am in need of a new project, and I am torn between building a pnue-mag or an EgoMag, I have all the parts to make either or.. but I am stuck!!! haha. Do I potentially screw up my sexy Chimera frame? Or do i gut an Ego 06 that already has a shot noid? Does anyone have anything to say about either of these? Or maybe even pointers? If anyone has any suggestions or preferences, please let me know!

the mag guy
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM
if you gut that ego pm me a price on the remaining parts. I have a friend with an ego and it has a few stripped screws on it.

I am partial to pneumags seeing that I had one with a chimera frame and a splinter trigger. you really don't have to tear up the frame if you do it right. It may not look the cleanest, but you can make it work.

Loguzzzzzz
08-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I build, own and shoot both on a regular basis. It really depends on what you want.

The Ego Mag or Emaggo as I like to call them has to be the nicest shooting mag I have ever handled I use mine when I want to shoot a lot of paint, trust me when I say that you WILL go through paint. So if your paint bdget is high and love to sling paint go that route.

For me, I like the idea of having a very fast mag without a battery involved. The pull is electro-like and you could possibly throw as much paint with a pneumag as you will with an Emaggo. I will tell you that pneumags can have a learning curve to get to walk correctly. I will also say that after you master a pneumag you will probably shoot an electro faster, I know I do.

My primary is a pneumag. That is what I will always pull out first. It is just a Mech vs Electro thing with me.

No matter which way you decide to go, you will not be disappointed if you have a quality built set up.

Just my $0.02

:cheers:

Spider-TW
08-04-2010, 09:19 AM
If you're good at walking a trigger while you're moving (not just at the chrony station), it's nice not to have to worry about batteries wearing out or leaking in storage.

If you're not so coordinated, E/EP mags are good. I played with a pneu for a couple years, trying different on/offs with a classic and an x-valve. I always had to think about walking it and couldn't just focus on the target. Once I electrified it, I could play in running shoot outs much easier.

All you're really asking of an "E" mag is some sort of disconnect to keep you from chuffing. I often wish TK would make us a chuff-less rail and/or sear. It would interfere with the RT function, except that TK would fix that too. :) Mechanically, it should be expensive compared to throwing in some stock electronics like we do.

Loneassassin
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I've never owned an "E" Mag, but I own an E-cocker. I built a Pneumag last spring and I couldn't be happier with it. It is the finest mechanical gun I've ever shot.

It's nice to not have to worry about batteries as well, or eyes, due to the level 10 bolt.

I can shoot 13bps pretty consistantly with my right hand, which is enough to lay waste to most people 99.9% of the time. I can go faster with my left hand, but I sometimes chuff with that hand.

My E-cocker is still easier to shoot fast, with no worries, because it's imossible to screw up the trigger pull. But that said, I pretty much always use straight semi, and rarely shoot faster than 12-13bps with the E-cocker anyway.

If you're someone that wants to play around with modes, ramping, and whatnot, you might want to "E" it. But otherwise, pneumags are sweet, quick semis, and pretty easy to shoot.

Loguzzzzzz
08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Do I potentially screw up my sexy Chimera frame? A pneumag can be built without damaging the frame. If done in a clean manner the frame should be able to be converted back to a manual trigger and there will be no way to tell unless you disassemble it.

OneSelfLost
08-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Awesome, thanks for the input guys! I guess what it all comes down to is personal preference, but I think I am leaning more towards the EgoMag, I believe it will be a fun marker which wil turn some heads.

Chace
08-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Well, now that the topic is open, I have an idea.

I saw a Mag over on MCB with a fake battery compartment on the front (which was a grip) and I thought of a good idea.

Make a fake clamshell style grip like an Emag battery. You could mill the rail for wire slots.
Then, you would run the wires for the microswitch/ hall effect sensor (if you really wanted to go that route) then you could drill a hole in the rail and run the wires through the slot. That way, you could mount all the electronics in the front, and put the lpr and noid into the frame itself. I don't know, maybe I'm trying too hard. You could also mill out the back of the grip for the screen and the buttons? Counter sunk holes for the buttons and use E-blade menu buttons instead of the pad like on newer Egos.

It was merely a thought. :rolleyes:
I've been thinking about it for awhile.

Spider-TW
08-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Well, now that the topic is open, I have an idea.

I saw a Mag over on MCB with a fake battery compartment on the front (which was a grip) and I thought of a good idea.

Make a fake clamshell style grip like an Emag battery. You could mill the rail for wire slots.
Then, you would run the wires for the microswitch/ hall effect sensor (if you really wanted to go that route) then you could drill a hole in the rail and run the wires through the slot. That way, you could mount all the electronics in the front, and put the lpr and noid into the frame itself. I don't know, maybe I'm trying too hard. You could also mill out the back of the grip for the screen and the buttons? Counter sunk holes for the buttons and use E-blade menu buttons instead of the pad like on newer Egos.

It was merely a thought. :rolleyes:
I've been thinking about it for awhile.

Maybe Mongoose will be making more...
Venomous Designs EP grip (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236131)