PDA

View Full Version : Spyder frame on a mag

mustangguy
08-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Is there a list of Spyder markers that the electric triggers will bolt onto the mag? Is there any mods needed at all? I ask because locally I see various spyders for sale pretty cheap.

KillerOfGiants
08-05-2010, 06:19 AM
sear mod for the spyder frames.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=696650

factoid
08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Deos anyone sell these modified sears?

I dont' have the tools to do this. I've heard some people say that you can do this without modding the mag sear at all except to take off the trigger arm.

I would love to do this, at least to just have an electro to play around with, but unless there's a way to do this with nothing but a dremel I'd need some assistance. I would guess the sear groove could be cut with a dremel and a steady hand, but I know next to nothing about welding.

the mag guy
08-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Dude don't worry about doing all that complex stuff to your mag, if you look hard enough you'll find a centerflag hyperframe or a booyah for a mag. I just traded mine away but I've seen two or three ver the last month. If yOu get one you just have to remove the arm that's on the sear.

mustangguy
08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
i actually have one of each of those as well, but this will be my first mag build. I am just coming back into the sport after a 2o year break. I have been told my a few people that those 2 frames are a bit tempermental, so was exploring other posabilities. I am currently looking for a gloss black intelli as a backup as well

KillerOfGiants
08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
a modified spyder frame may end up being tempermental, too. anytime you go modifying something, that's a possibility.

factoid
08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
a modified spyder frame may end up being tempermental, too. anytime you go modifying something, that's a possibility.

I agree. The nice part of that particular mod is that you can undo it just by putting your mech frame back on, especially if you don't have to modify the mag sear, or maybe just pick up a spare.

I really wish the individual components for the emag lowers weren't so expensive. I'd love to just be able to assemble one, and maybe do a mod on the battery pack to make it smaller....we have much lighter and more powerful batt packs available these days. I could put in a LiIon or a LiPo battery for a third of the weight.

If I had access to the tools and materials I would like to design a kit that just uses an emag sear to "pull" on the sear instead of "pushing" on the on/off. That seems like a much more reliable setup, even without the slick hall effect sensor setup the true emag uses.

KillerOfGiants
08-05-2010, 07:59 PM
if you have the extra $$ you could get a VER frame from p8ntbal4me. if someone could modify the spyder frame themselves, you can pick them up pretty cheap and and you'd have an eframe set-up that's affordable.