PDA

View Full Version : Wierd shoot down problem with classic valve

Hobbez
08-09-2010, 07:39 AM
So, the wife's gun has this odd issue. You can shoot 1-2 bps all day with no problems, but if you try to pop off 3 or more shots real quick, the second bloops and all the rest roll out of the barrel at your feet. If you keep shooting quickly, they just keep dropping out, but stop for just a half second, and it shoots normal again. Its a classic valve, level 7 and I've replaced all of the rings and seals in it. I have also replaced the bolt spring, the regulator spring with new and the regulator piston with one I know works in another valve. Its got a stock on/off, no fancy reactor tops or such crap. It acts the same no matter what tank I use on it and I'm to the point where I've replaced basically the whole vavle except the spring pack. Will the spring pack cause this? Any insight would be appreciated.

Ando
08-09-2010, 07:48 AM
If you have a spare mag that works pull the spring pack out and find out. You've replaced everything I would have mentioned so...who knows....

Is your rail bushing installed and does your new spring come a good 1/4in pass the bolt?

Hobbez
08-09-2010, 08:04 AM
ok, so I feel stupid for not trying to swap the spring pack out on it. I just tryed that and it didnt change anything. But I found the problem. When screwing on her tank, I noticed the words "low pressure" in very faded lettering on the reg, so there it is. All of my problems are because of that dam tank. Can a low pressure reg be made higher pressure? its a crossfire. Or do I need to just buy a new 4.5k reg?

Ando
08-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Ya.....That would do it. Not sure if CF regs are switchable but Crossfire is having a reg swap deal for $25 on their sight. Ck it out.

factoid
08-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Not sure if Crossfire is rebuildable, but if it is you can probably add shims to up the pressure. You'd need a rebuild kit though, so it might be better to just try Ando's suggestion of a $25 reg swap.