PDA

View Full Version : Splash Kits?

OPBN
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Simple question. What companies made splash kits? Was it only SP and Eclipse? I have a purple splash kit that I got recently and wondering who made it? About when did these come out? Was an bottom ASA made for this kit? It's purple base with black and silver splash.

Pics:http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/IMG00324.jpg

mpsd
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm not 100% sure on the answer but I believe SP and Eclipse did the splash kits along with TASO (rarer) and some very small numbers from others like Oh Pahlawk (don't even know if that's how you spell it).

As for your kit, I believe it's a SP one and yes, it should have the bottom line ASA as well as the power feed plug and speed lock for the classic valve.

If I'm not wrong, the SP kit's were the most complete ones offered, with frame, rail, sight rail, barrel, vert ASA, bottom line ASA, foregrip, expansion chamber, power feed plug, speed lock, double triggers and gas through T stocks. The other kits were smaller, with fewer parts.

OPBN
08-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm not 100% sure on the answer but I believe SP and Eclipse did the splash kits along with TASO (rarer) and some very small numbers from others like Oh Pahlawk (don't even know if that's how you spell it).

As for your kit, I believe it's a SP one and yes, it should have the bottom line ASA as well as the power feed plug and speed lock for the classic valve.

If I'm not wrong, the SP kit's were the most complete ones offered, with frame, rail, sight rail, barrel, vert ASA, bottom line ASA, foregrip, expansion chamber, power feed plug, speed lock, double triggers and gas through T stocks. The other kits were smaller, with fewer parts.

Thanks. It did not come with the PF plug, speed lock or bottom ASA so I guess I will be looking for those. Also noticed something odd on the expansion chamber. There is a small screw in the side near the bottom. I thought this was some sort of set screw to keep the expansion chamber from spinning around, but doesn't seem to be. Was this meant for something else? I can get some closer pics if necessary.