PDA

View Full Version : Help!! need valve seal for Scott air-pak

coaldust
08-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a replacement seal that goes between the valve and cylinder on my 4500psi fire fighter air tank??? After having the tamk hydroed the valve leaks where it screw into the cylinder, I removed the valve and the gasket is flattened enough that it will not seal. Any help would be appreciated. I searched on google and on Scott's web site but cannot find the replacement gasket/seal.

sjrtk
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Ask you local Fire Department who services there tanks, or go to a dive shop and ask them.
Good Luck.

Drix
08-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah, where it's for a firefighter I'm sure it's got tempreture tolleranes that we in the paintball world don't have to deal with. +1 for the firestation or scuba place

MedicDVG
08-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Send it back to the hydro shop. They messed it up when they did the tank inspection. How it passed hydro with a leaky valve is beyond me, but it should be fixed.

Ando
08-13-2010, 06:46 AM
They don't ck the tank with the valve on.

They have or sould have their own adapter to do the insp.

sjrtk
08-14-2010, 04:38 PM
iirc, When we had to have our packs inspected (volunteer fire fighter) The gasket is the scott packs were one time use. But then again we didn't actually pay for the parts so cost is unknown to me. Again a scuba shop probably has what you need, or can get it.