PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever mod a CF frame into a pneu or e-pneu frame?

mpsd
08-15-2010, 12:31 PM
If yes, please, post some pics of the mods and if not, would it be something possible?

Thanks!

questionful
08-15-2010, 12:33 PM
AFAIK no, but it is possible. with some sort of manifold like this one:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234804&highlight=acrylic+pneu

I love that thread.
I might be trying to make something like that withing the next year for my classic RT. ;)

mpsd
08-15-2010, 12:46 PM
That manifold is just like the Cheater. I thought of it too but what I really would like to do would be a e-pneu mag since the mech pneu is good for walking the trigger (beter with two fingers). With an e-pneu on the other hand, one would be able to use a ramping mode like a PSP and then have a blazing fast trigger on a very simple trigger frame.

I was thinking of putting the board and noid on the rail and modding the frame just for the trigger switch and the MPA-3. I have a mini Shadow rail that I would be using for this project. It does have lots of space inside it since it's so ULE'd. The battery, on the other hand would probably have to stay outside the gun, maybe on the tank cover like some early mods I've seen before.

questionful
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I bought a CF frame with an intelli-switch ghetto mounted in there. I think the CF frames are so strong that quite a bit of material could be removed from them without making them too weak.

mpsd
08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I bought a CF frame with an intelli-switch ghetto mounted in there.

Could you snap a picture of how it was made? Thanks.

questionful
08-15-2010, 08:25 PM
if i still have it and can find it yeah, but it's nothing impressive, it was some sort of putty holding the microswitch in place.