PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Regs = Awesome For Mags. Myth Regs = Chuff Chuff Chuff

going_home
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
So a few months ago I got a Myth reg that was supposed to
come with 850 PSI output for Automags:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246888

At the time I bought it I didnt have a mag, not until just lately.
Thats when I found it it was under 700 PSI output.
The seller tells me to call Gorilla Air and send it back.
I called them and they said they never have sent out any regs
specifically for Automags (in other words I got a standard 650 PSI output reg).
So I spent money to send it to Gorilla Air.
Got it back the other day and its still wont work on the mag.
Its putting out about 750 PSI.

So I didnt get what I paid for, and then I paid more, and still cant use the reg.

So I picked up a new Ninja reg on Ebay from Ebay seller mesapaintballsupply .
I told them about the Myth and that I needed a reg for use on Automags.
They hooked me up 4500 Ninja with right at 950 PSI output.
$35.00 shipped.

Very happy with the HP Ninja reg.

I am adding the seller ( BenoitOWN ), Myth Regs, and Gorilla Air, to the
"never buy from again" list (ANS Gear was the lone assassin until now).

So mag enthusiasts, forget Myths and get a Ninja.

:ninja:

BigEvil
08-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Dont knock Benoitown ... anyhow.. its not all about the input pressure... it's also about recharge. I run all of my Emags on a 700 psi output Dynaflow, you would think I had 1200 going in. Yet, my Centerflag 420 which was set at 950 psi chuff badly. Go figure.

Glad the Ninjas are working out. No one has really had anything to say on them yet.

:cheers:

Newt
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
No one has really had anything to say on them yet.??!!

Assuming you mean that no one has really had anything BAD to say on them yet, yes. Automaggots everywhere are raving about the Ninja reg.

Beemer
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
We tested that myth reg on that M90 frame that TK used at LLs and it worked just fine.

Dont know what the out put was but it worked fine on the M90 pneu frame with TK on the trig and he knows how to shoot.

You dont need 900psi in. High pressure over 800psi in on a Mag is over rated.

BigEvil
08-16-2010, 08:52 PM
??!!

Assuming you mean that no one has really had anything BAD to say on them yet, yes. Automaggots everywhere are raving about the Ninja reg.

Yeah, i guess I am not paying too much attention these days. :) Damn old age.

Beemer
08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
note to self...........See if Ninga will get us some product for testing with the Shoebox.

We have beat the crap out of the Myth with filling and dumping and filling and moisture testing and it keeps ticking with out a rebuild yet. :argh:

Dump 70/4500psi out the reg straight away and see how it holds up. Recharge is another thing but like I said it worked on a M90pneu with TK on the trig. ;)

Frizzle Fry
08-16-2010, 09:15 PM
I am adding the seller ( BenoitOWN ), Myth Regs, and Gorilla Air, to the
"never buy from again" list (ANS Gear was the lone assassin until now).

That's a good idea. I've had a lot of trouble with ANS Gear as many know, and I've heard of and witnessed several of ripoffs from that member you've mentioned...

tribalman
08-17-2010, 05:59 AM
ah crap.. i recently got a myth 2 because my regular screw in tank/reg is out of hydro and last time it took over a month to get back(going next weekend to play). i haven't tried it with my tac one yet. my emag has an adjustable armageddon on it so i don't have to worry about that. i'll see what happens in a day or so when i have time.

i agree with ANS. website said they had a pump kit in stock for a trilogy cocker. i asked to verify; they said yes in stock. ordered right then. month later canceled because they were backordered wouldn't be in for 2 months and i needed it in 2 weeks(from cancel date, was over 1 1/2 months at order date). took another few weeks to get $$ back.

Hobbez
08-17-2010, 07:44 AM
I have 2 tanks with myth regs on them and they work perfect on our mags. Used them for almost a year before we retired them to back up status and got us new tanks from crossfire. Only complaint I can evan remotely think of is that they are so dam short that they are hard to use with a drop.

cockerpunk
08-17-2010, 07:58 AM
i think the conclusion is much more sweeping:

ninja = win
GA = lose

the ninjas are more consistent, easier to work on, parts kit is great, adjustable output, plus you have ray, who is the man, plus its made in the USA, competative pricing ...

rarily do me or bryce endorse a single product over any other. typically poeple will ask "what small bore barrel is the best?" and we don't really have a good answer for that. i mean there are lots of great small bore barrels out there. but when poeple ask about compressed air tanks and regulators, i have one answer: NINJA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj8ScksTLMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQO961yTIWo&annotation_id=annotation_313149&feature=iv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn4X387b85A&feature=related

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tNzULgiZMiWwbd7paRrEWSQ&output=html

60 psi creep over 5 mintues, 340 psi swing over 2500 psi? NO THANK YOU.

factoid
08-17-2010, 12:04 PM
i think the conclusion is much more sweeping:

ninja = win
GA = lose

the ninjas are more consistent, easier to work on, parts kit is great, adjustable output, plus you have ray, who is the man, plus its made in the USA, competative pricing ...

rarily do me or bryce endorse a single product over any other. typically poeple will ask "what small bore barrel is the best?" and we don't really have a good answer for that. i mean there are lots of great small bore barrels out there. but when poeple ask about compressed air tanks and regulators, i have one answer: NINJA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj8ScksTLMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQO961yTIWo&annotation_id=annotation_313149&feature=iv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn4X387b85A&feature=related

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tNzULgiZMiWwbd7paRrEWSQ&output=html

60 psi creep over 5 mintues, 340 psi swing over 2500 psi? NO THANK YOU.

I just bought a Myth tank a few weeks ago. It's working fine for me on a classic valve. supposedly it's set to around 850PSI..but I got the one that says "fixed high pressure" in the part description, so maybe they have LP versions as well and that's what people are getting stuck with.

It's not a fantastic tank by any means, but for 25 bucks it will definitely tide me over until I can afford a proper 68/4500 Ninja.

SN toter
08-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Huh. I bought a 62ci steel tank from AVI with a Myth reg. I put it on my classic RT for an entire full day scenario. Went though several fills and never had any issues. Recharge was fine too.

going_home
08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
If you look at the for sale thread in the first post the one I purchased
is the original Myth, not the G2.

Yeah, bought specifically for use on a mag.

I had to send it in the Gorilla Air on my Nichol,
because the marker wouldnt even fire at all,
and then it still wont work right on the mag.
It just chuffs and groans.

Frustrating, and a waste of time and $.

But the mag absolutely screams with the Ninja reg at 950 output.
And it was only $35.00 shipped brand new, made in the USA.

Just posting the results I had, both regs were purchased new.

:ninja:

BenoitOWN
08-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Guerrilla Air is offering you a New 4 port Myth 4500 HP. They are sorry for your inconveince and neither Me or Guerrilla air doesn't like anyone to walk away unhappy with GA product. I just need your info and it would be free of charge.

If you doesn't like that offer what would make you happy that I and GA could do?

Also for my record what I did purchase directly from Guerrilla Air was some myth regulator that was supposed to be setted at 800-850psi so they could be used on Automag. I have my Bill for proof.

Person saying ''heard of and witnessed several of ripoffs from that member'' ain't true as I have always taked care of people who purchased from me and even spent extra money on shipping/packaging that costed me more than what I charged. Send refund when an item went missing to be delivered after 1month and a half.

All items from my store are legit and purchased from Manufacturer/Distributor.

I did what I could to help with your problem Going_home but something needing a replacement need to be handled by the manufacturer as I do not stock replacement parts or able to tech all gun/air tank.

BiNumber3
08-17-2010, 07:49 PM
The 4500psi Myths 1st gen came with 650psi output, while the 3k regs had 850psi output if I recall correctly. Ive had a number of the 3k myths n none had problems running my classics and my RT's

BenoitOWN
08-20-2010, 10:11 PM
New HP myth have been sent to you

tribalman
08-21-2010, 05:00 AM
oh wow. that's really nice BenoitOWN!

sadly though for me, my g2's reg is too short for my drops. it was........interesting :tard: getting it on my timmy (with drop). had to pull off the drop and asa, separate the asa from drop, put the drop back on the gun, screw the tank partially into the asa(can't go fully because then the gauge would be up and i can't get the asa to mount) then lock the asa back on. it wobbles a little and rotates freely when not gassed up but i can get it to gas up when i screw in the on/off.

when i was trying it on my tac i wasn't paying attention fully and scratched the tank very slightly. looks like i'm going to have to get either bigger drops or rails(yech).

going_home
08-21-2010, 09:43 AM
New HP myth have been sent to you

Ok thanks.
I will post an honest performance assessment on it when I get it.

Not wanting to edit the 1st post I will in this one retract the
"never buy from again" statement on the part of BenoitOWN.
He has helped with a troubled sale contacting the manufacturer .

From what I've gathered in several PM's from other AO members, the
painfully slow recharge on the 1st Myth and not even being able to get much
over 700 psi output (even after the HP spring was installed),
is looking like I may have just gotten a defective reg.

EDIT 9/10/10 : Not wanting to up this thread again I will finish the saga with an edit of this my last post in this thread.

GA sent me another reg supposedly with the HP spring in it.
Same result, around 700 or less psi input and very poor recharge rate.
Once again when I rapid fired it coughed and chuffed, the reg was unable to keep up.

BenoitOwn helped with the troubled sale and got GA to send another reg.
GA has great customer service I can say that.

But my assessment of two brand new Myth regs is, they arent compatible with mags.

Get a 950 psi output Ninja, you wont be disappointed.

;)

c is for c00kie
08-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I will say this, before they understood the need for high pressure tanks, they bent over backwards to make me happy with the myth regulator.

In the end I sold it because it simply didn't work, but they have good customer service at least.

the mag guy
08-22-2010, 04:53 PM
??!!

Automaggots everywhere are raving about the Ninja reg.

I can personally attest to the awesomeness of the ninja reg. I was using my buddie's myth reg because I my nitro duck was out of hydro and I was not impressed but it kinda worked. My buddie's myth has a slight leak so you had to fill it before just before using it.

When I got the ninja reg and tank it was like night and day!!! It was like going from using a classic vs an RT! I will only shoot ninja tanks, I especially like how you can shim the reg to get the desired pressure.

:shooting:

AzrealDarkmoonZ
08-23-2010, 02:23 PM
My experience in regulators point to the ninja regs being superior over the GA regs. I have 2 GA regs, one from several years back and one of the newer ones. I also have a pair of Ninja regs and when I had my transducers up and running the Ninja regs seemed to perform better than either of the GA regs.

Granted on the original GA reg it was 650 psi as opposed to the Ninjas that run in th 800-900 psi range. In short I believe Ninja regs to be better, your mileage of course will vary.

brycelarson
08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I'll agree with CockerPunk. I don't give out my advice on specific gear. If someone asks about barrels I'll give them 4 options, in-line regs same thing. Tank regs - it's Ninja.

Beemer - call Ray and chat, I'm sure he would love to hook you guys up.

factoid
08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Is there any magic in the ninja tank itself? Are they lighter or better in any way than anyone else's carbon fiber tanks?

I'm thinking I could get an out-of-hydro 68/4500 pretty cheap and send it to Ninja for the $55 reg replacement and hydro service. I'm going to keep a cover on it anyway so it's not that important to me that it's all ninja black.

Frizzle Fry
08-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Is there any magic in the ninja tank itself? Are they lighter or better in any way than anyone else's carbon fiber tanks?

I'm thinking I could get an out-of-hydro 68/4500 pretty cheap and send it to Ninja for the $55 reg replacement and hydro service. I'm going to keep a cover on it anyway so it's not that important to me that it's all ninja black.

They're a simple reg to work on (though they do make them for other companies, so it'll look similar...) and rebuild; I like the 4 set-screw bonnet, many cheaper tanks are 2 or 3. They're also a nice gloss black reg and bottle that matches most markers and doesn't draw the eye (though many regs are orange-ish or green-ish). Good customer service, cheap hydro fees, good QC as far as functionality goes though there's a color issue, and they can be factory set to 950psi.

factoid
08-24-2010, 09:46 AM
They're a simple reg to work on (though they do make them for other companies, so it'll look similar...) and rebuild; I like the 4 set-screw bonnet, many cheaper tanks are 2 or 3. They're also a nice gloss black reg and bottle that matches most markers and doesn't draw the eye (though many regs are orange-ish or green-ish). Good customer service, cheap hydro fees, good QC as far as functionality goes though there's a color issue, and they can be factory set to 950psi.

I was just wondering about the bottle itself. Other than being glossy, black and pretty is it better or lighter than any other carbon fiber tank?

I can probably get my hands on an out-of-hydro 68/4500 bottle, maybe with a damaged reg or something, for way cheap and just pay Ninja to hydro and slap their regulator on it.

Right now I've got a 45/3000 steel tank and it's way heavier than I like. My whole gun is really, but that's probably the quickest, easiest, cheapest way to cut 2.5lbs off my gear. Maybe it's better to just save and buy a new one, but I've seen 68/4500s on ebay that have broken regs and perfectly intact CF bottles for way cheap.

Frizzle Fry
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
I can probably get my hands on an out-of-hydro 68/4500 bottle, maybe with a damaged reg or something, for way cheap and just pay Ninja to hydro and slap their regulator on it.

Their regs are cheap, and you can install them yourself. I think I paid $35 for my most recent reg purchase, and that was at a store, not a site. Their hydro service is good too, but if you've got a local fire station you can probably get a tank done locally for about the same price (after shipping). Yes they're glossy and black, if you get a new one, but they're also very solidly constructed and easy to maintain. Nearly impossible to accidentally slip the bonnet with 4 set screws instead of two or three (some brands even have just one :eek: )

factoid
08-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Their regs are cheap, and you can install them yourself. I think I paid $35 for my most recent reg purchase, and that was at a store, not a site. Their hydro service is good too, but if you've got a local fire station you can probably get a tank done locally for about the same price (after shipping). Yes they're glossy and black, if you get a new one, but they're also very solidly constructed and easy to maintain. Nearly impossible to accidentally slip the bonnet with 4 set screws instead of two or three (some brands even have just one :eek: )

That's actually the beautiful part of Ninja's reg swap service. The cheapest I could find in town to do a hydro was 20 bucks. The ninja reg is $35 or $40 I think depending on whether you get the aluminum or the brass bonnet.

For $60 bucks they'll hydro and put the reg on for you. The only down side is the double shipping costs, so you really need to find a cheap bottle (or already own one) to make it pay off. Otherwise you're right it's better to just get hydro'd locally and put the reg on myself. I don't really have the tools necessary for removing a tank reg, though.

I'd have to drop 50 or 75 dollars on a good vice and strap wrench just to be able to do it. The hydro testers around here absolutely will not remove paintball regs. you have to do it yourself.