PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag questions

Cyberious
08-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Two questions:

Is it best to use a ULT with the conversion?

Is there a good guide on how to tune them?

elgalloblanco
08-18-2010, 09:27 AM
From what I understand, you can use a ult but it might be a little finicky. I think some have good luck with them and some don't.

I run the standard r/t on-off in a m-90 and only had to tinker with piston placement, lpr output pressure and go up a carrier size in the lvl 10 to help with bolt stick.

With the r/t on-off it is plenty light enough for me.

I'm gonna try to hunt down some of the tech threads and post here.

flyingpootang
08-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Tune the ULT first with out the pneu set up. I use 7 shims in mine....

Loguzzzzzz
08-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Either will work but I prefer to use the RT on/off. I find that they re-set slightly faster.

Just my $0.02

:shooting:

Loneassassin
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
My ULT works fine w/ 4 shims and 850psi input. Stupidly light trigger pull, in fact. :shooting: But probably a little easier to short stroke/chuff. I tried an RT on/off and it went full auto upon airing it up, and then locked itself in place. So then I put the ULT back in and that's how it's been ever since...

The real key I think for ULT's is to have a trigger stop, and adjust it so that you can only pull the trigger a hair past where it needs to to engage the MSV-2. That pretty much solved my chuffing problems. That and adjusting my magnet mod to make the MSV-2 lever pretty snappy.

Good luck and enjoy!

Cyberious
08-18-2010, 02:01 PM
My ULT works fine w/ 4 shims and 850psi input. Stupidly light trigger pull, in fact. :shooting: But probably a little easier to short stroke/chuff. I tried an RT on/off and it went full auto upon airing it up, and then locked itself in place. So then I put the ULT back in and that's how it's been ever since...

The real key I think for ULT's is to have a trigger stop, and adjust it so that you can only pull the trigger a hair past where it needs to to engage the MSV-2. That pretty much solved my chuffing problems. That and adjusting my magnet mod to make the MSV-2 lever pretty snappy.

Good luck and enjoy!

how about the air input itself is it just a matter of slowly opening the lpr until it fires the way you want?

elgalloblanco
08-18-2010, 03:16 PM
turn the lpr up until it fires reliably, then give it another 1/2 to 3/4 turn just for good measure.

Loneassassin
08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
how about the air input itself is it just a matter of slowly opening the lpr until it fires the way you want?

Well, I kind of have a crappy lpr - a Tickler. I have to turn it up all the way for it to work at all. It's not that it takes that much to trip the sear; you can trip it very easily with your finger if the grip is off. But the Tickler won't handle the input pressure. When my tank runs low, say into the 1200psi range, I can turn the Tickler down quite a bit and it works then, but I'm almost out of air, lol.

When I get a high quality lpr, I expect to be able to turn it down pretty low and still function, and then the pull will be even lighter... :shooting: :headbang: :shooting: