PDA

View Full Version : C.A.T. VL hopper at Actionvillage?

OPBN
08-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Does anyone know if the shells on these will accept the internals from older Revvys? The lid broke on my dual battery revvy and figured it would be cheaper/easier to buy one of these and replace the guts than looking for a replacement.

Anyone?

factoid
08-21-2010, 09:10 AM
I have one of those. This is a picture of took of the internals.

http://imgur.com/9LPOx.jpg

I do not believe this will fit a classic revy, but I don't have one around to compare.

There is no slot for eyes and it takes a single 9V battery. No board either.

edit: I think all the old VLs have the same lid though don't they? You could probably grab a cheap-o VL200 and just snatch the lid off of it.

sjrtk
08-21-2010, 09:15 PM
The body has the grooves to hold the board and it looks like you could cut the neck open for the eye. If you could post a pic of the other side of the shell i could tell you.

factoid
08-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Upon closer inspection there is a notch for the 12V board, and the slot is there for the eye, but some of the eye slot has been filled in. I'm not sure how easy that part will be to open out but it should be possible.

You will also have to cut down a notch they added to convert the battery case to hold just one 9V battery. With two in there they will be pretty snug but they needed that extra notch to keep a single battery from rattling around.

All in all this should be possible after all. I never noticed the board slot in there. I guess it makes sense that they just did a quick modification of the 12V revy to make it cheaper.

I will say that this C.A.T. has the good quality plastic shell of the older VL hoppers. It doesn't feel flimsy or junky like the batch that was constantly breaking feednecks.

marshallf221
08-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Does anyone know if the shells on these will accept the internals from older Revvys? The lid broke on my dual battery revvy and figured it would be cheaper/easier to buy one of these and replace the guts than looking for a replacement.

Anyone?

Pulled one apart saturday and the answer is no they will not accept the revy parts, a friend bought one thinking it would now he has a portable drink mixer at best.

factoid
08-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Pulled one apart saturday and the answer is no they will not accept the revy parts, a friend bought one thinking it would now he has a portable drink mixer at best.

Did he try modifying the shell at all? You'd definitely have to make some alterations, but I'm thinking it could be done. The only part I'm not sure about is whether the feedneck can be fully modified to hold the eyes. I know you could grind down the battery pack area to fit 2 nine volts and there is a "bulge" on the feed neck where the eyes go on a 12V revy, but I'm not sure how thick those eyes are and whether or not there's enough material to grind away to make room for them.

OPBN
08-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Really mainly interested in having a new lid. Are all the lids the same on VL hoppers?

factoid
08-23-2010, 02:36 PM
The newer ones are not all the same, but from what I'm seeing googling around a VL200 lid will fit a Revy.

You can also buy replacement lids, but I can't seem to find them for the old loaders...just velocities and such.

I'd say go to your local paintball store or even a wal mart and see if they sell a VL200. If so steal the lid and be done.

OPBN
08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, at 42 years old, that's want I want to get arrested for... shoplifting the lid from a $10 hopper. I'll just take my old one with me to see if it fits and buy a replacment. Or try supergluing the old one.

factoid
08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, at 42 years old, that's want I want to get arrested for... shoplifting the lid from a $10 hopper. I'll just take my old one with me to see if it fits and buy a replacment. Or try supergluing the old one.

Hahaha...sorry that's not what I meant.

I meant BUY the hopper and "steal" the lid off of it. I am not an advocate of shoplifting.