PDA

View Full Version : new gun purchase

kurtisqpublic
08-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Well, just impulse bid and won an auction for a classic mag.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170529003774&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_947
Only thing is at the last minute I saw that he had his nitro tank fitted as a CO2 tank??? Well, still a good price for the gun I guess...
:tard:
Now I just need to get out and play more. :(

fishmishin
08-21-2010, 08:00 AM
The price was good, and as far as him using it for co2, thats no biggie. Just order a new 3k reg from ninja for it. Congrats on a good deal !

going_home
08-21-2010, 08:25 AM
That tank actually looks like it was part of an old Max Flo.
The older ones were set up like that.
Be careful and check the threading on the tank by removing the
old on/off from it before you buy a reg.
Some of those older Max Flo tanks had reverse threading on them.

:ninja:

athomas
08-23-2010, 04:53 AM
That is CO2 valve. The Smart Part Max-Flo reverse bottle valves didn't have the on-off. Plus the reverse threading of the Max-Flo valves was on the outside where it screwed into the max-flo not the bottle itself. Order a good reg for the tank, exchange the front grip for a gas through grip and away you go. You can sell the expansion chamber to offset the cost of the gas through grip.

Looks like you got a great deal though. Good find.

factoid
08-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't mess with changing out the reg. If you do, you can send it to ninja and for 55bucks they'll put their reg on it and rehydro test it. But you could just buy an aluminum 45/3000 for 50 and only pay for shipping one way.

I would definitely suggest getting rid of the expansion chamber. I was using one as a foregrip on my HPA setup for a while and it worked OK, but it wastes a ton of air every time you depressurize. I was also having shoot down problems with that setup, but at the time I was also using microline instead of macroline, so it's hard to say if that was the source.

kurtisqpublic
09-02-2010, 06:48 PM
This one will probably be a Co2 gun as everything else I own likes air a little better. Need something for playing at promised land when I finally get around to it.

going_home
09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
That is CO2 valve. The Smart Part Max-Flo reverse bottle valves didn't have the on-off. Plus the reverse threading of the Max-Flo valves was on the outside where it screwed into the max-flo not the bottle itself. Order a good reg for the tank, exchange the front grip for a gas through grip and away you go. You can sell the expansion chamber to offset the cost of the gas through grip.

Looks like you got a great deal though. Good find.

Not true my friend. :nono:
I personally had an older MaxFlo and the tank threads were reverse.
The threads on the outside where it screwed into the MaxFlo were standard.
When I attempted to take the valve off the tank to put a standard screw in reg back on it,
I discovered the tank threads were reversed.
So I wasnt able to use the tank at all without the MaFlo.

Thats why I warned him to make sure of the tank threading before he bought a reg.

And I personally have a tank that came off a Maxflo and it has an on/off valve on it.
So wrong on both counts sir. Its possible this bottle has reverse threading on it.
The threads that screw into the reg are standard.

;)

athomas
09-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Not true my friend. :nono:
I personally had an older MaxFlo and the tank threads were reverse.
The threads on the outside where it screwed into the MaxFlo were standard.
When I attempted to take the valve off the tank to put a standard screw in reg back on it,
I discovered the tank threads were reversed.
So I wasnt able to use the tank at all without the MaFlo.

Thats why I warned him to make sure of the tank threading before he bought a reg.

And I personally have a tank that came off a Maxflo and it has an on/off valve on it.
So wrong on both counts sir. Its possible this bottle has reverse threading on it.
The threads that screw into the reg are standard.

;)I guess I was wrong about which end of the valve had threads that were reversed.

I thought they were just screw in with a pin valve. A friend of mine had one. I just don't remember it ever having the on-off. I remember him having issues with putting it on when full of air.

PAINTHEY
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Those tanks are only good for 15 years anyway, plus it’s a 3 year hydro. It may not be worth messing with. Good deal though.