PDA

View Full Version : X valve problem? maybe not?

BIP8ntball
08-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Well I found a way to get a mag into my hands once again. Until now, I had a minimag valve'd ULE body with a hyper frame and lvl 10 on it. Never had a problem (well, since I punched the manual safety out :) )

Now I have a n Xvalved ULE with lvl 10, some kind of mech double trigger frame, and a tad of a problem.

I am running a fixed output 68/45. Originally it was leaking from the QD hose the previous owner had on it. I squirted some gold cup in there and replaced th hose with macro. Played with the reg a little and it was shooting fine. Within an hour I air it up, and there are no leaks, the trigger has tension, but it wont shoot????? If i hit the back where the velocity adjustment is with my hand it will shoot once and then back to not shooting.

Any ideas?

going_home
08-21-2010, 01:37 PM
When it was working did you use the same tank ?

BIP8ntball
08-21-2010, 02:02 PM
When it was working did you use the same tank ?

yes i did

going_home
08-21-2010, 02:56 PM
yes i did

Once the tank gets below about 800 mags start starving for air and dont work right.
Thats why most mag enthusiasts using HPA use 4500 tanks instead of 3000.
Was there plenty of air in the tank ?

Coralis
08-21-2010, 03:27 PM
does your gun have a rail bushing installed ?

Ando
08-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Turn your velocity up some till you either bottom it out, leaks out the back or starts shooting.

maniacmechanic
08-21-2010, 05:09 PM
I hate to say this but , Bolt stick ?? I've had a couple act just like this , a size bigger spacer & they were fine

factoid
08-21-2010, 07:14 PM
The level 10 tuning video says if you get bolt stick you should add more shims or put on a shorter spring.

BIP8ntball
08-22-2010, 03:55 PM
the tank is a 4500psi tank and it was full. im gunna add a shorter spring and such to see if its bolt stick

Spider-TW
08-22-2010, 06:27 PM
does your gun have a rail bushing installed ?
^^^ Indeed. An easy check for random squirrelly-ness.

BIP8ntball
08-22-2010, 06:35 PM
^^^ Indeed. An easy check for random squirrelly-ness.

rail bushing? as in the part that the field strip screw screws into?

Spider-TW
08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
rail bushing? as in the part that the field strip screw screws into?

It's the little short tube (~.25" dia) that sits in the rail and the frame; the field strip screw passes through it. I keeps the frame, rail and valve aligned. They can fall out when the marker is disassembled and their absence can cause odd and sudden problems when the valve vibrates loose on the field.

BIP8ntball
08-22-2010, 08:11 PM
It's the little short tube (~.25" dia) that sits in the rail and the frame; the field strip screw passes through it. I keeps the frame, rail and valve aligned. They can fall out when the marker is disassembled and their absence can cause odd and sudden problems when the valve vibrates loose on the field.

thats in there, it was just bolt stick. Now that it works, and I could use some money I think Ill list it for sale :) thanks for all teh help guys

athomas
08-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Good that you found the problem.

The level 10 tuning video says if you get bolt stick you should add more shims or put on a shorter spring.Issues with not shooting when pressure is providing force on the trigger are almost always bolt stick caused by a carrier that is too tight. The guide does state that it can be fixed using shims, but that is only in one case. That case only relates to the bolt hitting a breach blockage but not traveling far enough to vent air to reset. However, if the bolt moves at all, it almost always moves far enough to vent air. Therefore, bolt stick issues never require shims.