PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix body/rail bolt stick?

Hawk1216
08-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

I've been searching my tail off and fiddling my tail off for a month or so trying to figure out why my Y-Grip, X-Valve, Phoenix body and rail combo mag is having some issues. Can anyone help me out with some ideas?

Basically, it'll shoot great for a random duration of time, between 5 and 200 shots; then the sear by the trigger will stick back thus giving me floppy trigger and no way to fire the marker. I generally have to remove the valve to get it to reset. (Although sometimes removing and reintroducing the air power works too.)

Perhaps its the bolt sticking, I currently am using the red spring with 2 marked carrier with 2 shims. I'm truly stumped, I've used all sorts of carrier, shim, and spring combinations with no luck. The good part is, nonetheless, that there are no leaks whatsoever.

A couple little extra tidbits is that if I hold the trigger back and short stroke it, it seems to cough a lot more air than I've heard on other mags. Also, it seems to use a -ton- of air. My 13/3000 lasted about 50 shots. I don't feel like that's normal at all.

I know this is abstract and most likely will be impossible to figure out over the web, but nonetheless, any help would be phenomenal.

Thanks guys,
Dave

Frizzle Fry
08-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I've encountered this with Gen2 Micromags and some ULE bodies. Generally going at the breech with some emery cloth solves the problem.

After a little work it should start just tripping the lvl10 more frequently rather than hamming up; at that point a tiny bit more work should leave you ready to play.

Coralis
08-21-2010, 03:25 PM
did you check to make sure your ball detent isnt screwed in too far and thus jamming the bolt forward .... have you replaced the bolt spring recently they are a consumable part that does need replacing every once in a while .... is the level 10 properly tuned ie the largest carrier that doesnt leak .

rmak
08-21-2010, 07:48 PM
did you check to make sure your ball detent isnt screwed in too far and thus jamming the bolt forward .... have you replaced the bolt spring recently they are a consumable part that does need replacing every once in a while .... is the level 10 properly tuned ie the largest carrier that doesn't leak .

I had that same problem with the bolt sticking in my ule body, couldn't figure it out, then took the ball detent out, dry fired no bolt stick!!, so I put an used o-ring on the ball detent making sure it would not screw in to deep into the breech.
Tuning both the lvl 10 and ult takes time, patience and a lot of air, so many trips to local paintball store to air up, afterward when all is tuned, been playing on and off for 2 years, no problems, just oil it! 6 drops of lube, and its good to go!
now I want to get the pneumatic trigger kit, so I can show my speed ball buddies mechanical mags can keep up with the electros.