PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Emicromag

C_losjoker
08-28-2010, 11:58 PM
So with the 2009 micromags getting closer and closer to done. For those of you that are getting the Emicros. What are you guys doing for boards and other internals? I am sure some are going to borrow most parts from their current emags. But I am sure there are more 2009 emicros on order then there are emags that you can borrow from and some that might not have emags to borrow from.

Drix
08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
With only 46 emicro fronts I think you'll see a lot of standard emags, after all you only have to swap out the frames with no other conversion. Theres not a lot you can do with just an e-mag front that you couldn't do with a pnumatic front. I'd guess the options are:

1. Emag
2. Sleeper Pump
3. Sleeper Pnumag

Most other electronic conversions you could run with just a pnumatic body since most modern electronics are housed in the grip. It'll be interesting however to see the motm guns for say december through the new year when these are finished up.

zondo
08-29-2010, 11:57 AM
I had bought a set of E-lowers a while back just for this mag. I even sent them in to be match ano'd. My hope was that I would buy the lowers and use P8nt's new board to power it (not that there was anything wrong with the current board), but I think he's been focusing on the release of the VER and finishing the UMFs.

Hopefully we'll see something coming up in the next few months!

The other thing you could do with the fronts is get them tapped for foregrips too. Kinda like what BigEvil and Loguzzzzzz did to some Xmag bodies.

Drix
08-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Got a set of e-lowers myself- Had to buy a new frame, needs some triggerage, xmod programming, assembley, etc. but the wait is killing me.

factoid
08-29-2010, 07:49 PM
How many sets of true emag lowers are out there? I'm thinking that might be an off-season purchase, but I'm wondering how hard they'll be to find, and I worry about how long the boards will last.

Has AGD ever considered open-sourcing the board, or has anyone ever made an aftermarket board? It seems like you can still buy (or have made) all the components except the board, right?

Seems like such a shame that they're just slowly disappearing.

zondo
08-29-2010, 08:47 PM
How many sets of true emag lowers are out there? I'm thinking that might be an off-season purchase, but I'm wondering how hard they'll be to find, and I worry about how long the boards will last.

Has AGD ever considered open-sourcing the board, or has anyone ever made an aftermarket board? It seems like you can still buy (or have made) all the components except the board, right?

p8ntbal4me has been working on some boards for the Emag to kinda 1) bring them into the present day with programs; and 2) Get something out there for replacement because they are not made anymore.

Here's the thread about it: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237775

theGOLDENchild
08-29-2010, 09:05 PM

You make it sound like AGD only made ~20 Emags. I'm fairly certain they've made thousands upon thousands. When I decided to build an Emag, it took me one week to track down some lowers. That was far easier than it was finding an Olds 455 short block which I'm sure had much higher production numbers (apples to oranges I know). As long as AGD didn't have eMachines manufacture the boards, they should last quite a long time.

08-30-2010, 07:25 AM
The universal T-Board with the capacitor works great in an Emag
Ive had mine running strong for about 2 years now

factoid
08-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Good to know there are alternatives out there. And I know they made a lot of emags, but certainly those boards won't last forever and like zondo said they're pretty out of date as far as tournament rules are concerned.

I have a personal preference for buying new when possible, which is why I'm interested in new boards or aftermarket boards.

My secret hope is that the smart parts liquidation will enable AGD to start producing them again.

sjrtk
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Good to know there are alternatives out there. And I know they made a lot of emags, but certainly those boards won't last forever and like zondo said they're pretty out of date as far as tournament rules are concerned.

I have a personal preference for buying new when possible, which is why I'm interested in new boards or aftermarket boards.

My secret hope is that the smart parts liquidation will enable AGD to start producing them again.

I think that is something that everyone is hoping for. I just picked up two boards and assorted parts off ebay and at this point it may have been a waste of money, who knows if they work or if there just fried. I would love to be able to get a new board outdated programing or not.

C_losjoker
08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
The universal T-Board with the capacitor works great in an Emag
Ive had mine running strong for about 2 years now

that is one option i was thinking about. I have a ULE with stormwalk frame, running the Tboard with eyes. I am now actually thinking of maybe putting that frame on one of the bodies, with out eyes of course.

p8ntbal4me
09-16-2010, 06:28 PM
My hope was that I would buy the lowers and use P8nt's new board to power it (not that there was anything wrong with the current board), but I think he's been focusing on the release of the VER and finishing the UMFs.

Boards a still a go,... but our attention has turned to the VER frames. Paying customers come first! :)