PDA

View Full Version : Emag not working in electro

CatoRockwell
09-01-2010, 12:03 PM
So randomly a week ago my Emag just stopped working in electro mode. The solenoid doesn't actuate when I pull the trigger, the battery seems to work I have a full charge in it and the screen lights up and lets me navigate the options, but nothing happens when I pull the trigger, the solenoid doesnt even twitch, it works fine in mech mode.

TwilightG
09-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Is it registering trigger pulls and not activating the solenoid?
Or is it not registering trigger pulls at all? - double check your trigger magnet

CatoRockwell
09-01-2010, 12:32 PM
it seems to be registering the pulls because it will turn off the menu screen when I pull the trigger like normal, the solenoid just does nothing.

jforbes555666
09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Easy way to check the solenoid is to pull out the battery and check the resistance of the solenoid. Should be 3 ohms

flyingpootang
09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Is your battery original? If so it may show 17+ volts, but the amps may not be enough tom actuate the noid.....

CatoRockwell
09-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Easy way to check the solenoid is to pull out the battery and check the resistance of the solenoid. Should be 3 ohms
Can you clarify in laymans terms?

The battery is the same ive had since i bought the lowers. It was working fine until a week ago.

jforbes555666
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
You do not want the battery attached to the marker. Basically being safe from destroying the board. Kinda hard to find more boards. Next you will take off the grips, or trigger frame panel to access the wires going to the solenoid. You will need a multimeter that can measure resistance. Now you will use the leads from the meter and touch the shiney soldered joints where the wires from the solenoid attach to the board. Put the red lead on one wire and the black lead on the other. If it measers to be around 3 ohms it should be good.

I like to help, but I am always afraid to explain it wrong and have some one fry a good board.

maniacmechanic
09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Sucks when it was working when you put it away
bad board ground ? ( bottom board screw ), get your meter out , make sure you have current at the board , you can check the solenoid at the board also , look at the plunger adj , does it look like it may have moved ( usually about 2 to 3 threads showing )
With air & the gun on , put slight down pressure on the plunger ( c clip ) & pull the trigger , did it shoot ? , check plunger length = 3.005 IIRC

athomas
09-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Are you sure the board is registering the trigger pull rather than shutting down due to an increase in current demand by the solenoid. A bad board ground can cause that, as mentioned. Make sure the screw holding the board has a good ground connection. Clean the threads of the hole and also the board contact.

CatoRockwell
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Ok, so it started working sporatically last night, then it said low battery, even though I've been charging it. Could it be that the battery is just going bad?

athomas
09-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Check the voltage on your battery. Do it after the battery has sat for a few hours off the charger. That way it will have settled to its real value. It should read above 16.8v.

Depending on the age of your battery pack, you could have a bad cell or the batteries just don't have any capacity left. Its usually a bad cell.

factoid
09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
If you don't already have a multimeter I can recommend one I use. It's going to be useful for more than just paintball equipment too. These are great to have around the house. You can test outlets or circuits to see if they're live, etc... Definitely worth the <$20.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/DVM-850BL/3-1/2-DIGIT-LCD-MULTIMETER-W/BACKLIGHT//1.html