PDA

View Full Version : Can an rt pro keep up in tourneys

hubadlatimmy
02-09-2002, 08:11 PM
I used to own a mag and sold it and switched over to a cocker with a shocktech swing frame for the rate of fire in tourneys. I am really missing my mag about now and wishing that I could have it back. Anyways my question is do all you rt pro owners out there think that one could keep up in a tourneys mainly rof and accuracy needed for front. I will be playing 5 tourneys this year so it does matter. What does everybody think?

virus
02-09-2002, 08:15 PM
hmm... lets see....

all the mags based of the retro valve (rtpro/emag/retro mags)can all cycle at 26 shots per sec..... which is more then enough and faster then anyone can pull a trigger.... now do the math

magman007
02-09-2002, 08:16 PM
yes, yes it can, but imho you should stick with the cocker, i love mine, and i would olny trade it for an e-mag

MajorDamage
02-09-2002, 08:17 PM
Yes...Yes it can :D

ENDO!

FooTemps
02-09-2002, 08:22 PM
If it has a swing trigger it's fine by me. I think that the cocker with swing would be easier to fire than a mag with swing, the trigger pull can be lighter.

magic55
02-09-2002, 08:22 PM
yes it can, its got a nice rof and is small and compact so you can tuck and stuff nicely. and.. oh.. whats that.. mines for sale:D

RT_Luver
02-09-2002, 08:59 PM
Not trying to get u to give up a gun,u should keep the cocker.But I had a cocker a while back,i couldn't shoot it as fast as I can my RT PRO and I love the return trigger.I dont think I could ever go back to antother gun that doesn't have that:D

FeelTheRT
02-09-2002, 09:06 PM
What the RT trigger is push your finger back harder than the amount of presured aplied to pull the trigger thus increasing the speed of which you pull the trigger. In most tournaments, run off mode isn't allowed. Run off is where you set the push back so hard that your basicly the gun is "holding" your trigger and teh gun pushing back for you automaticly. RT isn't more than 2-3 bps faster than regular Mag with out the run off so you decide, good luck.

what's wrong with your Cocker by the way?

hubadlatimmy
02-09-2002, 09:19 PM
There's nothing wrong with my cocker at all I really like it but don't have the funds to own 2 gun (I'm 15) and I used to have a mag and really miss it now that I got rid of it and seeing as how the new RT PRO's come stock with an intelliframe I was thinking about getting one. I still haven't decided though.

RTProUser
02-09-2002, 10:15 PM
RT PRO's dont come stock with intelleframe... You can get them with it installed but it is not stock. Later Jim

MajorDamage
02-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by RTProUser
RT PRO's dont come stock with intelleframe... You can get them with it installed but it is not stock. Later Jim
Yes, they DO come stock with intelliframes now.

ENDO!

hubadlatimmy
02-09-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey thanks for the post man but has anybody played with one with an double trigger intelliframe on it?

wimag
02-09-2002, 10:49 PM
well technically i dont have a "bought" RT Pro. i have a powerfeed black mag / retro and blade intelliframe so in essence it is an RT Pro. Anyways to answer your question it RIPS bigtime. Extremely fast rate of fire, keep up with anything.

Griffin
02-09-2002, 11:01 PM
FOOTEMPS STOP POSTING!!! MY SISTER KNOWS MORE ABOUT PAINTNALL!!!!!!!!!!!

-Griffin

Caps are expressing my anger.

wimag
02-09-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
If it has a swing trigger it's fine by me. I think that the cocker with swing would be easier to fire than a mag with swing, the trigger pull can be lighter.

Elaborate on this Foo. Is your statement based on your personal expeience or just a guess?
I was shooting an STO today with a Eclipse hinge trigger and if they pull was lightened up by say a 1/3 it would match my blade Intelliframe. Not syaing that the pull on the Eclipse was crappy, it was great. extremely well manufactured piece of equipment, no side slop and was very smooth but i would definitely not say it was by any means easier to fire than my Intelliframe, based on my personal experience with it.

MajorDamage
02-09-2002, 11:15 PM
I shot an eclipse hinge frame today, and it seemed pretty nice, but not as nice as a ReTro trigger. I thought it was pretty cool though.

ENDO!

FooTemps
02-10-2002, 02:19 AM
WELL, I guess I'm proven wrong then... I've seen and I've shot a shot through a mag and dry fired a black magic. I thought the cocker was lighter but I guess it was my mindset that cockers had light triggers...

FeelTheRT
02-10-2002, 09:32 AM
they do have light pulls, and you can make them even MORE lighter if you know what your doing :)

OldSchoolMag
02-10-2002, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I'd say RT Pro's keep up well in tourny's, but in all honesty, I didn't find them that "small and compact" in fact, I nearly rethought buying mine BECAUSE of it's size. I'm hoping that a modular body and a Z grip will change my mind, other wise, I'm going Mini With ReTro.

OSM

TKO Automag 68
02-16-2002, 11:13 PM
i just got a r/t pro...and i have to say this...I LOVE IT!!! shoots great, all u need is a new barrel and maybe a new grip frame (if u prefer the z-grip or a double trigger) but it is great. i would take it over a cocker any day. just my opinion

DaosBeoulve
02-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Well, I haven't played any real tourneys with my RT Pro yet, but the times I've played on fields with guys with Cockers and Angels, my gun has kept up more than okay. Heh.. Last time I played, a guy with a Cocker decided he always wanted to gun for me, but that didn't work so well, seeing as how we played 6 games and I shot him in three of those(I got put out the other three by a guy shooting an automag--go figure) See if you can find someone with an RT Pro that will let you shoot it some. Don't just dump the cocker and go for the RT then regret it(not saying you would, but ya know...). I personally love my RT and wouldn't trade it for any other gun, save an Emag. Just my two cents though....

polorboy
02-16-2002, 11:48 PM
The last tourny I was at (5 Man Blast at Survival NY, were any of you guys there?) a guy was using the original RT, it looked like a stock one. Anyway, I was sitting on the sidelines watching this kid move, he was amazing, he bunkered 4 people at once. I almost pissed myself when I saw it. He went along the tape line and came up behind the guy who was supposed to be watching the tape line and takes out the 4 remaining guys by shooting across the feild at them (tape to tape). It was one of the better moves I has seen that day. The best though was when my teammate jumped over a like 4 foot high wood bunker to bunker some kid but got shot in the process (by the kid he was bunkering, LOL).

thecavemankevin
02-16-2002, 11:50 PM
well, i have a retro powerfeed mag with warp body, warp, and intelli-frame on the way (should be here Tuesday).

I curently have a hyperframe mag and have a z grip i was never able to get to work right on my mag. But i have a new toy to play with now and plenty of options. Don't know weather i will still like my hyperframe over inelli/zgrip with retro bounce or the other way around. But either way i will soon have some equipment to sell.
Can't wait :)
i am giddy like a school girl:D