PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eye Mask? Anyone have any info?

CatoRockwell
09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Ok, so after a 3rd lense replacement this year on my grills I've decided to purchase a new mask. I am interested in the new Angel Eye mask, but I can't find jack diddly squat information on this mask. Other than some interview with Wolf, which is very uninformative. My google-fu skills are failing me miserably, does anyone know what antifog method this mask is using, if any? I'm also looking at the I4's but don't want to decide until I get all of my information together.

Has anyone from WDP been interviewed regarding this mask? Has anyone done a in field review of it? Or is WDP just expecting everyone to buy it with no information on how well it actually performs?

vf-xx
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure it's actually available yet:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/115375-new-angel-goggle-system.html

CatoRockwell
09-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure it's actually available yet:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/115375-new-angel-goggle-system.html

It isn't, I'm just trying to see if it's worth waiting for, or if I should just compare I4 and E Vents.

gunman_2000
09-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm on the fence as well, I wish there was a bit more info, and a chance to try them. I'm tempted to ask some friends to pick up a new mask for me cheap at Cup this fall, I'd like to try these Angels, but worst comes to worse I'll just snag a pair of I4's which seem pretty comfy on me.

I'm mostly curious about what they are doing for anit fog, dual lense would be awesome, but from that MCB thread it seemed it was single pane. There was also talk of a fan being involved? Its really hard to choose without actually getting to see and try a working set.

kcombs9
09-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I saw the prototype at LL3, I was not impressed but maybe the production one will be better.

Seemed too much like a toy, real flimsy and stuff got in the way trying to put them on.

Iv been really happy with my proto pro Axis, double lenses for anti fog, no need for fan, wore them 2 days in row at LL3 with no issues.

going_home
09-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I picked up some I4's on Craigslist for $50.
I like em, especially for that price.

When the Angel ones come out I'll probably get some the same way.
Needless to say that will be a while.

;)

Frizzle Fry
09-03-2010, 10:43 PM
The Angel mask is kind of insane... You never eat paint, they've got a GREAT field of vision, they act as a an amplifier rather than a muffler when it comes to speaking, and they don't fog. Period. Definitely worth picking up at some point.

Drix
09-04-2010, 12:31 AM
From what I understand Angel's moved to a new plastic in their lens which is not supposed to ever fog. Apparently there is no coating or dual panes required. There's been talk about fans, but only because people think the design looks something like an older mask from the late 90's that anti-fogged with a fan- Angel has denied including or having any plans to include a fan.

factoid
09-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Ok, so after a 3rd lense replacement this year on my grills I've decided to purchase a new mask. I am interested in the new Angel Eye mask, but I can't find jack diddly squat information on this mask. Other than some interview with Wolf, which is very uninformative. My google-fu skills are failing me miserably, does anyone know what antifog method this mask is using, if any? I'm also looking at the I4's but don't want to decide until I get all of my information together.

Has anyone from WDP been interviewed regarding this mask? Has anyone done a in field review of it? Or is WDP just expecting everyone to buy it with no information on how well it actually performs?

I'm not a fan of the Grills. It has that stupid dip right in the middle of the forehead forcing you to use a forehead shield or visor or be forced to wear extra pads or something.

If you're not completely fed up with v-force you might try a Profiler. That's probably the most comfortable paintball mask I've ever owned. The only one that ever came close was the Dye mask I tried on, but it's close to double the price of a profile and not THAT much better.

CatoRockwell
09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
The Angel mask is kind of insane... You never eat paint, they've got a GREAT field of vision, they act as a an amplifier rather than a muffler when it comes to speaking, and they don't fog. Period. Definitely worth picking up at some point.

where did you get your info on them? I can't find anything regarding their antifog method.

Butros
09-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Don't know about the antifog method too much, but it really appears that your nose is IN the lens with your eyes......to me this means that when you breathe out of your nose, you're going to fog up your lens....you know?

I'm super skeptical, plus I think they look weird. But then again I was skeptical about the Sly Mask, and I absolutely LOVE IT. Hell, I put away my Flex's for this damn mask, never thought I'd say that.

By the way, I'm selling one of my Sly Masks......http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2733925#post2733925

Super comfortable and absolutely NO FOG. And the double strap is awesome if you run around a lot like myself.

leloup
09-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Wow, those look...pretty cool. Like a bug or something. Maybe when they drop in price. I just picked up a pair of events for $25, we'll have to see how they work out. I currently use thermal proto switches, and I have never had a fog issue. Maybe I am not full of hot air like some of you. :D

gunman_2000
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
well thankfully since I work for a paintball field, when they go down to Cup this year they'll probably pick up a set of Angels, and an I4. Whichever I like I'll keep, the other one we'll sell in the shop :)

I'm looking forward to it really.