PDA

View Full Version : emancipator m90 questions

stircrazzzy
09-05-2010, 01:36 PM
So, I have an emancipator m90 frame with Luke's grips, and I was hopeful that I'd be able to put a micro-rock in there. The problem is, I can't get the micro-rock to screw into the frame far enough to clear the MSV-2. I know this is likely a trivial problem, but there are no wrenches or anything that will fit in that tiny space to screw the ##@$@ thing in. So, I have to hand-tighten it, which leaves no clearance for the MSV-2 to mount up.

So, my question is, has anyone successfully gotten a micro-rock in there? And if so, how?

Thanks.

I can snap pics if it helps...

TwilightG
09-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Dirge can show you how it's done! ;)
http://www.bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=5054

Loguzzzzzz
09-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I usually take the nipple out of the regulator after I mark where the outlet is so I can make sure that I get the regulator in the correct position. The install the Micro-Rock nipple with a 7/16" box end wrench. then screw the regulator back onto the mounting nipple and clock it to the desired position.

The MSV has holes on either end so that you have the option to swap the lever if so desired. You will need to swap the lever so that the ports are on the top of the MSV-2. This can be done by driving the little roll pin out with a 1/16" drift punch. You will also need to shorten the lever. de-burr it and then re-install it with the ports up.

You will be mounting the MSV-2 with one screw to bottom hole of the MSV-2 to the top mounting hole of the M90 frame.

Tune trigger to taste and enjoy one of the nicest frames to come out in some time for the Automag platform.

:cheers:

factoid
09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Does anyone sell M-90s with the pneumatics already installed or possibly an EP version?

Loguzzzzzz
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Does anyone sell M-90s with the pneumatics already installed or possibly an EP version?
If you are truly interested in one of them PM me and we can talk. . . .I do this kind of stuff all the time.

stircrazzzy
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Loguzzz I appreciate the reply man. :)

Any way you can upload a pic? I don't need the whole process (unless you really wanna be extra helpful) but would appreciate a decent visual, even though I think I already know what you're saying.

Thanks again.

stircrazzzy
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Actually, I followed that link to bigevil (thanks!) and now I've got it. The only problem...no mag-mod! That sucks. Wish I would'a known before I paid for one. Oh well. Anyone need a mag-mod? lol..

Loguzzzzzz
09-08-2010, 03:32 PM
The only problem...no mag-mod!
That is not a real problem because the M90 frame can use the magnetic return similar to an Emag. The set screw that is on the top or the trigger can be returned by putting an Emag magnet in the hole in the frame, just above the trigger stop. This hole was placed there for this purpose. Using an aluminum nail as a trigger rod limits the weight on the MSV-2 lever and you should have a nice trigger return feel. ;)