PDA

View Full Version : Out-of-Town with 3 Leaking Mags

Walking Stick
09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Okay, trying to play with my bros and get them into 'Mags. They've bought'em but now we gotta tune them. All were given a healthy dose of AutoLube before testing.

#1 Dallara with Chimera and Lvl.10 on blue Tuna Xvalve with brand new 1000psi Ninja.
- leaking from left valve vent hole
- leaking between valve and reg body
- still firing on trigger pulls
- no leaking with 750psi Crossfire
(Just adjust the rear reg nut?)

#2 ReTro vert Micromag 2k with Y-grip and Lvl.7 foamie-bolt with brand new 1000psi Ninja
- leaking down the barrel
- leaking from left valve vent hole
- nothing at all happening on trigger pulls
(I'm remembering not powertube but on/off valve issue - what part exactly should I look at?)

#3 Classic RT
- violently leaking out the rear (Like straight in and all straight back out!)

I know I can look it up and troubleshooting tips are saved on my laptop but I'm on another computer out-of-town and I need to show my bros a ray of sunshine or they're going back to electros! Please help me out!

Tunaman
09-11-2010, 07:30 PM
gun#1- Leaking out of the little vent hole on the side means an overly high pressure situation and the problem must be in the back reg section. Pull the reg pin and check for debris. If those orings on the pin look nasty, change them and the reg seat oring and you should be good to go.

gun#2- powertube oring or wrong powertube spacer. Reg section needs help like gun#1 above.

Gun#3- bad regulator piston or possibly a bad reg seat oring. Try turning the velocity down and then back up again.

Tunaman
09-11-2010, 07:36 PM
gun#1- Leaking out of the little vent hole on the side means an overly high pressure situation and the problem must be in the back reg section. Pull the reg pin and check for debris. If those orings on the pin look nasty, change them and the reg seat oring and you should be good to go.

gun#2- powertube oring or wrong powertube spacer. Reg section needs help like gun#1 above.

Gun#3- bad regulator piston or possibly a bad reg seat oring. Try turning the velocity down and then back up again.
Make sure that all guns have a small gap between the trigger rod and trigger when gassed up. Check your mainsprings and make sure they are longer than the bolt when installed.

and there hasnt been a blue tunavalve for years so if it hasn't been completely rebuilt it is time.