PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent Tac-One

Corvad
09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Alright, so I've had my tac one for about two years now and it has never been as consistent as I know mags can be. This is my one and only mag so other than it, I have no previous mag experience.

To preface the issue, I have read every maintenance guide and watched every video I could find. I have disassembled and reassembled it several times and lubricated it before playing, then dry firing to remove any excess from ruining the shots. I have tuned my lv10 to the best of my ability using the largest carrier that doesn't leak. I run a ninja HPA tank with about 900psi on output through a remote line from a pod pack. I do have a ULT on-off that is tuned for a light pull, but not lightest cause I don't want to tempt a runaway.

Now my automag shoots reliably, just not consistently. No bolt stick, no puffing unless there is an obstruction, and tested with a light touch on the bolt for the anti chop. When I pull the trigger, it fires. When I go play and chrony it the readings are all over the place. I turn it so the highest shot is always around 270, but most of the shots usually land around 255 +/- 15fps and I can't figure out why. I have put several cases of paint through it, seeing as I've had it for 2 years and not changed the orings unless one failed completely. When I chrono I've tried several different methods. One where you hold the trigger down, then release and refire as fast as possible, as well as just pulling the trigger normally. As for the rate at which I put them over the chronoy, its usually no more than 2bps.

So now I turn to everyone here for the help I cannot provide myself, please help me make this the consistent mag I know it can be.

TwilightG
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Sure it's not just a bad bore-to-paint match?
Do you have another marker that you've used the same barrel or paint with that had better consistency?

Corvad
09-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll check that out tomorrow. Guess this means I get to pull out my ol spyder with its barrel kit to try to narrow it down. Or I'll try it with the original barrel. Currently using a palmers brass that is slightly larger than the paint I usually use.

BigEvil
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
It wouldnt hurt to replace the reg piston and reg pin orings.

Corvad
09-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Had bag of 500 left over from last weekend to check the bore size out on. My PPS brass is .690 and the paint I use is actually about that size, the vast majority of the paint just stays in the barrel with a light puff shooting it out, every 10 or so balls is a tighter in it. Bored it with my ol spyder barrel kit to .690 as well. Rolls out with .693 so to the best of my reckoning the paint to bore match is adequate.

I'll check out the reg and spring as well.

I love presenting a challenge.

athomas
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
When you cleaned the regulator, did you also remove the regulator pin assembly and clean the hole where the two orings are separated by the plastic split washer. Make sure there isn't any grit in there. Also, make sure there isn't any grit int he back section that could interfere with the movement of the piston.