PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a B-5?!

SummaryJudgement
09-14-2010, 03:56 AM
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5231/img1028m.th.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/img1028m.jpg/)

Just about every conceivable upgrade there is for it. Picked it up after Christmas. It's an A-5 in a bull-pup shell basically and with an E-trigger on it.

Anyone played with one? I haven't even gotten this out on the field yet, so I was curious.

CatoRockwell
09-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I have, they are pretty cool, I just don't like the fact that the body is plastic instead of aluminum. But they are pretty sharp looking and they make it shoot more snugly.

factoid
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Shot one of these a little bit a couple weekends ago at the field.

I kind of disagree with CatoRockwell. The plastic is pretty rugged, it didn't have any flex that I noticed and it was a lot lighter than a standard metal milsim setup.

I'm generally not a fan of milsim gear because I value light weight so I hate the idea of packing additional metal onto a gun just for the cosmetic appearance of a military weapon. But the plastic shell was actually a reasonable weight since it ran off a remote.

I was mostly shooting it so that I could try out the guy's Apex barrel tip. Those things are fun, but you need to practice practice practice with them and then practice some more. It's easy to manipulate during target practice but during a firefight you need to be able to make adjustments like it's second nature otherwise it's not really an advantage over a normal barrel.

CatoRockwell
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I also prefer light, which is why I don't do milsim, but if I was going to do it I wouldn't want my gun to be plastic.

factoid
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I also prefer light, which is why I don't do milsim, but if I was going to do it I wouldn't want my gun to be plastic.

I am generally not a fan of plastic parts, but holding that shell it felt pretty sturdy, almost like an AGD composite frame.

As an aesthetic choice though metal would look a lot slicker...and I guess that's what most people are after with milsim stuff.

SummaryJudgement
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
The shell is in fact a high grade polymer of some sort (still plastic I guess). But is feels rugged as heck, and I also have a remote set-up I will be running when I actually ever play again. I've missed my last several oppertunities :mad:

Cant' wait to be :shooting: again...

Thanks for the input guys :D

68magOwner
09-14-2010, 09:07 PM

Realistically, we have done SO much research on polymers over the last 10+ years that we are now able to synthetically create materials to suit almost any need. I would have complete faith in composite components on paintball markers.

That said, I have played with a B5. I was not a fan at first, simply because the setup was SO different than what I typically use (a tournament based platform). But it was a fun shooter, and performed well.