PDA

View Full Version : Rt Classic with a Lvl 10

jrudtac1
09-16-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm having problems tuning my level 10 on my rt classic and wanted to see if any on here could inform me of what they did to get theirs to work properly, like the number of shims, input pressure, etc. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

factoid
09-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm having problems tuning my level 10 on my rt classic and wanted to see if any on here could inform me of what they did to get theirs to work properly, like the number of shims, input pressure, etc. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Start out with no shims.

Put in the biggest carrier that doesn't cause a leak down the barrel every time you gas up. Make sure you use the same white o-ring inside each carrier. Pick one that has a little bit of resistance but doesn't fall right off.

Input pressure you want at least 850 psi. More is usually better if your reg is adjustable.

For your bolt spring you want to use the longest one you can get away with. I read somewhere you want your mag to start cycling when the pressure is about 20fps below your desired goal. So if you want to chrono at 285, you want it to start shooting at 265. If you can't get it to start cycling or it starts at like 310 or something, switch to a smaller spring.

For my classic valve the tuning shook out at a 1.5 carrier, no shims and a grey spring with a little more than one coil cut off of it. I've run a couple cases through it now and not one chop, even with a 13 dollar non force-fed hopper.

athomas
09-17-2010, 08:14 PM
I concur. factoid explained it very well. Just follow that tuning advice and you should be able to tune the level 10 for optimum operation.

factoid
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
I concur. factoid explained it very well. Just follow that tuning advice and you should be able to tune the level 10 for optimum operation.

Heh...I only explained it well because you guys all explained it well to me. Just paying it forward.