PDA

View Full Version : www.alternativesports4less.com????

shupore
02-10-2002, 12:40 AM
Hi, I just bought a crossfire 68 ci, 4500 psi off of ebay. the seller's name is alternativesports4less.com and they seem to sell a whole bunch of stuff. well I used buy it now so shipping would be free and asked them where to send my paypal payment to, but they haven't answered in like 3 days. I desperately need this new tank and was wondering if anyone on here has ever bought anything from this place, and if it is usual for them to respon soooo slowly. Thanks!
:)

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
02-10-2002, 01:18 AM
They dont use paypal if im correct...I think you send them the MO (money order) and when they get it they ship the tank out.

shupore
02-10-2002, 01:41 AM
well on all their auctions for tanks, there's a little paypal icon if you scroll down. I also noticed that they only have a form for paying with money orders. I hope they reply soon because I need this tank before presidents day.

hawpunch
02-10-2002, 10:52 AM
i had the same problem with this seller. they have a paypal icon on their auctions and say they accept paypal, but after i contacted them, they said they don't accept paypal at this time. you can use bidpay to send a money order, although i think it would be a lot faster if you just send the money order from your own bank. i used bidpay, and i had to wait like 2 weeks before it shipped. i emailed them to get a phone number for their company, but they never gave one out. i'm supposed to get my 68/3000 tank from them on monday, so we'll see if they came through.

aloha,

jae park

PaInTbAlLeR476
02-10-2002, 11:20 AM
i was thinking on bidding on a few tanks there but i read there "history" adn alot of people said they had problems shipping/ shipping wrong thing. anhd it takes a while to get to them

FooTemps
02-10-2002, 03:46 PM
Well, my friend bought his tl+ package from alternativesports4less.com... He got it pretty fast. He sent the mo in a week and he got the tl+ like 4 or 5 days later...

mattyfatty182
02-10-2002, 07:34 PM
Alternative sports does take paypal, and they should have sent you a "order" form after the auction.

Don't expect good communication., though. With the high volume of tanks sold by them, they answer your email within 3 days. Make sure you have your order right, or your tank will be there before their email is.

Hope that helps.:)

markhauguel
02-10-2002, 07:39 PM
I have bought a couple of things from them and have had the same experience every time. Back when they started out they took paypal so I sent payment to their paypal address the second time I bought something and they asked for payment 3 or 4 times before the read my replys, they eventually sent and said they were sorry. They appear to be in way over their heads. I think they are running the business out of a garage on weekends or something. I have always got everything I have bought and it was what I wanted but their shipping is not the best. Good luck.

sifu01
02-10-2002, 08:06 PM
I bought stuff from them. I would not send Paypal until they contact you. It took me about 3 days to get a hold of them also. I finally received my tank 3 weeks after auction close. They had alot of problems. I think that they overwhelmed and are understaffed. Overall I am happy with the tank. I bid and won on a Crossfire and got a Pure Energy 4500. I guess I won out there considering the PMI tanks cost more in most places.

This is there Paypal address
kate-ebay@alternativesports4less.com
Make sure you include ALL pertinent information to identify you are the winner of the specific auction (ie..auction #)
This is the contact address
susan-ebay@alternativesports4less.com

Good luck....

GallagherAtWar
02-10-2002, 08:16 PM
I bought a new tank from them and it has a slight leek

TheMagMan
02-10-2002, 11:21 PM
ROFL they suck

Ack
02-11-2002, 08:31 AM
Just recently purchased.. or should say.. I won an auction on ebay w/ them. Got the email from them, set up bidpay.. hit submit. Next day got an email from bidpay saying they cancelled my order. Zipped them out a message, and got this response..

Bidpay has taken the unusual step of cancelling your order. Not because we have any problems with you or your order, but either the seller has requested that we do not accept orders payable to them or there are too many complaints registered against this seller for us to feel comfortable sending this payment to them. Please contact your seller for more information on other payment methods they accept.

We are sorry we could not handle this order for you.

Best Regards
Jim B.

Emailed a reply off to alternative... still waiting for response. *shrug*

hawpunch
02-12-2002, 12:57 AM
just got my crossfire 68/3000 from them. it took like 3 weeks from the point of payment via bidpay to them getting the tank to me. granted it took sometime for bidpay to get the payment to them and they needed time to ship it, but this seems really, really long. i have to agree with a previous poster and say that they must be a little shop just starting out...they seem like nice people, but i really do think they are in over their heads. hopefully with time, more employees and better accounting software, they will be able to have a smooth operation.

aloha,

jae park