PDA

View Full Version : The SPORT of paintball

KiNgStiNg
09-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I love n dubz but messing up the sport of paintball is not funny and the
chick doing all the talking should not be calling paintball markers *toys*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpB5FTDeFaM&feature=fvst

sorry to sound like a winey b1tch but this annoys me.....its why paintball is not taken seriously........leave people to their golf i guess.????? :cuss:

zondo
09-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I love n dubz but messing up the sport of paintball is not funny and the
chick doing all the talking should not be calling paintball markers *toys*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpB5FTDeFaM&feature=fvst

sorry to sound like a winey b1tch but this annoys me.....its why paintball is not taken seriously........leave people to their golf i guess.????? :cuss:

I left golf for paintball... it's far less frustrating.

My kids know that they are not toys, so that's a start. They all can't wait to try when they are old enough ;)

Drix
09-19-2010, 03:48 PM
She refers to them as "Pellet Guns" as well- Makes me think these were those little .43cal/airsoft guns that I hate to say it are more like toys than the piece of precision sporting equiptment we've come to know and love.

Either way, everyone involved is a dumbass.

Frizzle Fry
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
She refers to them as "Pellet Guns" as well

There was a time (I'm thinking maybe 17-20 years ago) when I remember a lot of catalog retailers (those poorly printed black and white ones, you know) referred to the sport as "paint pellet war" or "paint pellet games". Maybe this chick had a mis-google and ended up with info that predates the internet common?

StygShore
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Dude might want to use the bathroom before interviews if he has to hold his junk like that all the time...

Styg

KiNgStiNg
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah the last thing you want is kids thinking is that markers are toys....so good to those parents who play and teach their kids otherwise. On one of my birthdays at a field as a kid my friend took his mask off and he ended up with a huge black eye...lucky not to lose it.People do dumb things like that and its all fun and games until sumbody gets hurt then paintball gets banned more. I want to see paintball of some sort in the olympics before i die and also see more of it on television. It is more of a sport than lots of other things but its stuff like this that destroys its name unfortunately.

Redic
09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah the last thing you want is kids thinking is that markers are toys....so good to those parents who play and teach their kids otherwise. On one of my birthdays at a field as a kid my friend took his mask off and he ended up with a huge black eye...lucky not to lose it.People do dumb things like that and its all fun and games until sumbody gets hurt then paintball gets banned more. I want to see paintball of some sort in the olympics before i die and also see more of it on television. It is more of a sport than lots of other things but its stuff like this that destroys its name unfortunately.

Good luck with seeing it more on tv

as long as speed ballers keep on acting the way they do I do not to see it on tv. Most of them give the sport a bad name

maniacmechanic
09-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Most places in this country what he did is a felony , this also does a good job of making the Brits look like idiots ( not that any of them are )

leloup
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
What's "n-dubz"? Some sort of boy band?

devildog
10-03-2010, 07:53 PM
there is no such thing as "giving the sport a bad name". people dont care. the only ones that do care are other paintballers.

teufelhunden
10-04-2010, 06:47 AM
there is no such thing as "giving the sport a bad name". people dont care. the only ones that do care are other paintballers.

This.

Old School 626
10-04-2010, 09:31 AM
*Giving* Paintball a bad name?!?! It's already there. I did not watch the video but start with kids doing drive-by's and it showing up on the news, "professionals" at the highest level who routinely cheat and claim it's their job to cheat and it's the Ref's job to call them out. Add into this commentators like what I imagine this woman to be given your comments and Matty Marshall(?) exclaiming "Oh! He got his face MOWED!" every minute and it's easy to see how we arrived here.

On the other had look at the stratospheric success of the X-games. ESPN did an excellent job of bringing new sports into our living rooms, in terms that we could accept. How many people do you know out of the target demographic still can tell you the name of at least one trick in two or more events and the names of a couple participants?

RavishingEddie
10-04-2010, 01:11 PM
*Giving* Paintball a bad name?!?! It's already there. I did not watch the video but start with kids doing drive-by's and it showing up on the news, "professionals" at the highest level who routinely cheat and claim it's their job to cheat and it's the Ref's job to call them out. Add into this commentators like what I imagine this woman to be given your comments and Matty Marshall(?) exclaiming "Oh! He got his face MOWED!" every minute and it's easy to see how we arrived here.

On the other had look at the stratospheric success of the X-games. ESPN did an excellent job of bringing new sports into our living rooms, in terms that we could accept. How many people do you know out of the target demographic still can tell you the name of at least one trick in two or more events and the names of a couple participants?

As long as companies remain being the ones paying the players salaries we will continue seeing cheating. Its like having NBA teams with the names NIKE,REEBOK,LA-GEAR.

chuey
10-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I think more importantly why do British people have such poor taste in "hip hop"? That was the worst hip hop crew ever.

KillerOfGiants
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Paintballers playing at that level of competition can't really be called professionals if that's the attitude they have. They're supposed to be there to promote the sport. I'm a bit young to really remember it but I wish we could have another era of TK paintball. :headbang:

Oh, and those "artists" in that video will be seen working somewhere like McDonald's pretty soon. I mean, look at that god awful hat thingy ma-jig.

murdercrow
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Good luck with seeing it more on tv
This

as long as speed ballers keep on acting the way they do I do not to see it on tv. Most of them give the sport a bad name
Not this