PDA

View Full Version : eclipse 2 vs tadao yakuza

Boobie817
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
This is actually a cocker question. I know a lot of people on here also own cockers. I just purchased a shiny used eblade with the eclipse 1 board. I want to upgrade. Should I go with the eclipse 2 board or the tadao yakuza board?

xero28
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
You might also be able to find more information here: www.customcockers.com/forum

IrishRedneck86
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
go with the yakuza the E2 is nice but harder to find and now the yakuzas have the usb port for ease of setting changes along with saving your settings if you want to try and change them up and I love the Yakuza cause I'm using one in my latest cocker build with Belsales front with QEVs MQ2 sidewinder reg and JOLE V1 body

Loneassassin
09-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Having owned an E2 for many years, and a Yakuza since they came out, I have to say that for my playing style, the E2 is more than enough.

If you plan to play tournaments, the Yakuza makes it a whole lot easier to configure to regulations - just set the bps where it needs to go and you're done - it's that simple.

You can cap an E2 wherever you want, but you have to do so by trial and error and tweaking the timing parameters. Plus, the ramp cap will never go over 15bps - so if you want to shoot faster, it has to be on semi. The Yakuza will ramp significantly faster... :shooting: :rofl:

But what I found, despite having virtually any kind of mode I want w/ the Yakuza, is that I found myself using semi exclusively, making all of those modes virtually useless. I can still hit 17bps on semi anyway, and still have some sort of control over my rate of fire unlike ramping/fullauto/autoresponse. I played with it on autoresponse mode capped at 17bps one time, and it was utterly rediculous. Not a nice thing to do to my opponents... :D

So if you're more of a semi-only rec player, you might save a lot of money by purchasing an E2 board.