PDA

View Full Version : Rt Valve compatability

BEEFYDAN
09-20-2010, 08:24 PM
So after using my classic for over almost 15 years and having been very pleased and almost never disappointed by it, I went and bought an RT valve to build me a new Mag. The only problem is, since all of my experience is with the classics, I don't know which rails or which bodies are compatible with the Rt valve. Any help would be appreciated.

leloup
09-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Is it an rt classic valve or rt pro valve? If a classic RT, it will only work with an RT classic rail.

If it is an rt pro, then is should work with every other rail and body.

BEEFYDAN
09-21-2010, 03:11 PM
OK cool, what about the body compatibility? Will any of the bodies work for the classic RT or no?

xero28
09-21-2010, 03:32 PM
OK cool, what about the body compatibility? Will any of the bodies work for the classic RT or no?

Other bodies CAN be modified to work with a classic RT valve, but it takes a bit of work and sometimes doesn't function properly. So, short answer, no. :(

factoid
09-21-2010, 03:38 PM

No, the only body and rail that work with the RT Classic will be RT Classic rails and RT Classic bodies.

Both are easily recognizable. RT Classic rails have three screw taps on each side of the back of the rail. The gas line from the vertical ASA screws into this port and the air is transfered into the valve through the rail via a banjo bolt.

It's the only AGD marker to use such a design. The RetroValve, and X Valve are essentially the same design, but fitted for the classic rails and bodies and use a standard airline fitting instead of the banjo bolt and gas-thru-rail.

leloup
09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
The classic rt valve only says rt on the very back edge. Like they are saying, the gas gets to the valve through the banjo bolt, not a macro line or SS braid fitting. Which is yours?