PDA

View Full Version : Valken pant sizing?

OPBN
09-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Looking into getting a pair of Tiger Stripe pants from Valken and wondering about the sizing. For shorts/pants, I typically wear a 38 in Old Navy shorts and/or Gap jeans. I have a pair of Tiger Stripe pants that are military sized and were supposed to go up to 39, but these things are TIGHT around the waist. My question is, does anyone have a pair of these and how true to size are they? The XL is supposed to go up to 40" and the 2XL up to 44" with a minumum of 38, so I am kind of on the cusp. Part of my concern is on the inseam/outerseam. I normally wear a 30-32 length, so the 34/35 length seems really long. i'm 6'1" and about 250. My length has shrunk a bit over the years as my dunlap gets larger, my pants tend to go lower... Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they really this long? If I am going to have to do something with the length, I may just opt for buying a larger size of the pants I already have.

factoid
09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Looking into getting a pair of Tiger Stripe pants from Valken and wondering about the sizing. For shorts/pants, I typically wear a 38 in Old Navy shorts and/or Gap jeans. I have a pair of Tiger Stripe pants that are military sized and were supposed to go up to 39, but these things are TIGHT around the waist. My question is, does anyone have a pair of these and how true to size are they? The XL is supposed to go up to 40" and the 2XL up to 44" with a minumum of 38, so I am kind of on the cusp. Part of my concern is on the inseam/outerseam. I normally wear a 30-32 length, so the 34/35 length seems really long. i'm 6'1" and about 250. My length has shrunk a bit over the years as my dunlap gets larger, my pants tend to go lower... Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they really this long? If I am going to have to do something with the length, I may just opt for buying a larger size of the pants I already have.

I have a pair of XL valken jungle camo pants...I think it's the same pair, just different print.

I wear a 40 and I need a borderline need to wear a belt with them and/or synch down the side straps. They fit fine just sitting around, but for running around the woods with a pod pack I definitely need something to keep them up.

I think you could easily tighten the waist straps to fit a 38 and with a belt you'll be fine. As for the length, they are pretty long pants, but they're meant to be tightened around the ankle. The extra length is great for me because I wear kneepads underneath so they slide over them really well without getting restrictive.

All in all I'd rather own some Dye or PE pants, but they cost twice as much.

OPBN
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
It says the XL go from 34-40 and the 2xl 38-44. If you have the XL, you should be able to tighten them up to fit. However, if you wear a 40, and they are loose on you, it sounds like they may run big. I don't mind a little long, and I usually tuck them into my boots, but 4-5 inches longer seems really long. Might have the wife break out the sewing machine.

And I agree, I would probably rather have Dye, Smokin Products or some other brand, but have a hard time coming off of the cash. The Valken are only $50. Of course, that's still almost double what I paid on Ebay for the "army surplus" ones I have.

The ones I am looking at are the Sierra ones.

SkinnyHare
09-21-2010, 12:34 PM
keep in mind with your military style tigerstripes... if they are made of 100% cotton and not a POLYCO or NYCO blend they might have shrunk quite a bit if they've ever been in the drier. that might be part of the 39" and too tight problem.

the folks you're looking to order the pants from... how are they as far as making returns or exchanges if you get a pair and decide they don't fit the way you want them to?

OPBN
09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
I would assume Valken has an OK return policy. I know the ebay TS "surplus" type is no return. I would have returned the ones I have if I could've.