PDA

View Full Version : Classic leak

Newt
09-23-2010, 04:33 PM
My classic valve has a powertube leak. Hold down trigger, leak stops. Let go of trigger, leak returns. That should mean it's definitely the powertube oring, right? I swapped that out with a new one that I verified works fine. Still leaking. The valve has an AGD hardnose Lv7 bolt and a spring, not the shims.

Any suggestions?

Ando
09-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Find yourself a PT spacer kit. Should fix your issue.

factoid
09-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Do you have a spring in your powertube or solid spacers? If it's a spring you could try stretching it just slightly while you're waiting for the spacer kit in the mail if you need it working by the weekend.

Newt
09-24-2010, 05:51 PM
It's a spring.

Hey, does anyone have the inside diameter and outside diameter of those spacers? Should be stupid easy to make a set on the lathe. Looks like the length is 0.215" - 0.235". Which is most common?

athomas
09-25-2010, 07:57 PM
If the powertube is leaking even with a new oring, the sear is probably worn a bit. A shorter powertube spacer will compensate for that. A shorter spacer/powertube spring allows the oring to be pushed farther forward to seal against the back of the bolt stem. You can shorten the spring that you have now by rubbing the end on a piece of sand paper.

Check to make sure your rail bushing isn't missing.