PDA

View Full Version : American Farm Workers ?

going_home
09-25-2010, 08:29 AM
http://www.latimes.com/videobeta/0a25c27b-2b78-460e-b817-4a064daa5078/News/Colbert-in-character-at-Congressional-hearing

:rolleyes:

Ando
09-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Love him.

SSP REAPER
09-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Love him.
get back to work! :p

Frizzle Fry
09-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Not necessarily saying I disagree with his basic statement, but does this entire thing not strike anyone else here as being entirely inappropriate?

going_home
09-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Not necessarily saying I disagree with his basic statement, but does this entire thing not strike anyone else here as being entirely inappropriate?
Nope. Not even a little bit. They asked a political satirist to testify, and they got his schtick. :D

Army
09-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Nope. Not even a little bit. They asked a political satirist to testify, and they got his schtick. :D
Yes, a whole lot of bit. Their job is to represent and legislate....NOT entertain themselves or others on my tax dollars.

They could have easily set up an off time/site meeting where Colbert speaks to his ignorant masses, not on my dime or time.

zondo
09-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes, a whole lot of bit. Their job is to represent and legislate....NOT entertain themselves or others on my tax dollars.

They could have easily set up an off time/site meeting where Colbert speaks to his ignorant masses, not on my dime or time.

I think that's what GH meant. They embarrassed themselves with this testimony on the taxpayers' dime but they thought they were making a statement via satire. And they will pay the price.

sjrtk
09-26-2010, 05:56 PM
They couldn't have expected anything less from Colbert. Look at it from his position, it is a chance to boost his ratings and get his name in congressional record. This is a great PR plug for him. But having him testify at a hearing was stupid on every ones part but his.I am sick and tired of all this BS that these people are spending OUR MONEY ON. This was just an other ridiculous waste of money. People do need to learn how to actually work again though.

going_home
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I think that's what GH meant. They embarrassed themselves with this testimony on the taxpayers' dime but they thought they were making a statement via satire. And they will pay the price.

Exactly.
They got what they deserved when they asked him to testify.
What were they thinking ?
Um....they werent.
But then what good would it do to ask a politician to think ?

:tard: