PDA

View Full Version : drop forward recommendations

Kevmag
02-10-2002, 10:49 AM
I'm looking for recommendations for drop forwards for use with an E-Mag and 68/3000 Flatline tank.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the "built-in" DF on the flatline?

I don't need the shortest/largest drop. Just looking for something to balance out marker.

Thanks

Kev

Load SM5
02-10-2002, 10:53 AM
For some the flatline drop is fine. I'd try that out first. If it does'nt drop far enough for your tastes, shocktech makes some great drops in different lengths. And AGD makes a flatline adapter to let you use them and other dovetail mount drops.

Shrewmaster200
02-10-2002, 10:53 AM
hey I have tried a lot of drops, and depending on your tank i would suggest either a shocktech or a kapp drop zone 2. If you have a 68 ci, then i would go for the shocktech, because you still have something to shoulder. If you have a bigger tank, like a 88 or 114, then i would go kapp drop zone. An 88 ci would probably go well with a shocktech, but with drops, what i like you might hate. If you want an offset tank, then i would look into the benchmark.

PaInTbAlLeR476
02-10-2002, 11:23 AM
i dont own a flatline but i have held a gun using just that drop and it was very comfertable(it was on a minimag)

irbodden
02-10-2002, 01:41 PM
Look into Shocktech drops, big drops suck. Heh :)

FeelTheRT
02-10-2002, 03:33 PM
Dropzones and shocktechs are too long for a 68ci tank. I wouldn't use a dropforward at all for a 68ci tank.

FooTemps
02-10-2002, 03:52 PM
I like a short drop on my tanks. It balances out better for me.

xmetal2001
02-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Stick with the flatline drop. Although when you look at it it might look too small when you are actually on the field playing it will put the gun in the perfect position to stay tight and still have something to put against your shoulder to help you aim. If you get a bigger drop it will make you have to hold you gun instead of supporting it on your shoulder and its will be much harder to hold to gun steady when shooting. You'll notice this even more when your kneeling down.

Trust me i know. I used to have one of those huge PMI drops on a 47ci tank! Luckily now im not as much as a newb.

Of course its all personal preference but its usually better to have a small drop.

Kevmag
02-11-2002, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I'm definately going to try the built in drop before I buy. Looks like it should work out fine.

I'm more concernced about having to take the tank off and on. Looks like a tight squeeze.

Thanks again.

Gup44
02-11-2002, 09:52 AM
I like the shoctech drop as well.. That's what I'm getting.