PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Battery poor connection

dolphin1823
10-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Picked up an E-mag with the understanding that it needed a new battery. Got a new battery, charged it, put it on. The marker had power till I held it in firing position then lost the connection. Didn't seem like the battery and connectors were touching, even with the o-ring in the bottom. I shimmed it with some cardboard temporaly and it works fine now, just wondering if there is something better i can use to shim the battery.

thanks gang.

SSP REAPER
10-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Picked up an E-mag with the understanding that it needed a new battery. Got a new battery, charged it, put it on. The marker had power till I held it in firing position then lost the connection. Didn't seem like the battery and connectors were touching, even with the o-ring in the bottom. I shimmed it with some cardboard temporaly and it works fine now, just wondering if there is something better i can use to shim the battery.

thanks gang.
I had this happen on my Xmag. Use a little fatter o-ring (double thick compared to a barrel o-ring) and you should be all set. Plus it will dampen any vibration in the battery pack from firing, handling, etc.

:shooting:

kcombs9
10-01-2010, 12:20 PM
yeah I have a larger o-ring below my battery works fine.

theGOLDENchild
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM
When I sent my gun into Tuna, he used a bolt bumper and an oring.