PDA

View Full Version : Leaky gun

TippmannFireman
10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
So, my minimag leaks out of the valve. Out of the back, where you adjust the velocity. How would I go about fixing it? I'm playing saturday, so I need to fix it somewhat fast. If you need more info, I can get it to you.

TippmannFireman
10-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Yay! New problem! Now the velocity is so low, the gun won't even fire! Go me! :bounce:

going_home
10-04-2010, 11:15 PM
A tank with too low of an output pressure will cause that, as will a tank with too little air in it.

;)

MANN
10-05-2010, 06:01 AM
If its blowing out the back you have 1 of 3 problems. 1 your velocity is too high. 2 you have dirt in your reg 3 your reg piston is bad.

I should have a spare or two with me on Saturday.

Ando
10-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Did you just install a lvl 10?

factoid
10-05-2010, 08:32 AM
If you've got a parts kit laying around try a new o-ring on your reg piston.

If you have any degreaser try removing the grease packing on your spring pack and regrease it with something like tri-flow grease or white lithium grease (easier to find)

Use q-tips with rubbing alcohol to swab out the interior of the reg chamber before you put all the parts back in. That should get all the gunk out...just make sure you either dry-swab it or let the alcohol evaporate before you put the parts back in or it could mix with the oil and grease and get gummy.

athomas
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
A good cleaning fixes most problems on a mag. If it still leaks after cleaning, replace the oring around the regulator piston assembly.

Did you have the valve halves apart? If you did, you need to replace the regulator seat oring. It hardens over time with grooves where the valve parts hold it in place. If it is disturbed, the grooves won't line up with the protrusions on the valve halves and it will leak, causing overpressure, which will vent out the back.

TippmannFireman
10-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm low on air, but I put some oil on the reg piston and aired it up and it seemed to stop the leak. I'll mess with it some more when I have a full tank saturday. I'm taking 3-4 guns, so even if it doesn't work, I'll still be able to play. Mann, please do bring a couple extras just in case I need to buy one off of you. :D