PDA

View Full Version : Just a Curious Question about Automag Pistons...

Ir0nExpress
10-05-2010, 01:42 AM
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18

I came across one when I was digging through my part boxes and I wanted to ask the question: How long do they last in a gun before it blows out and needs to be replaced? I know there's been little tricks here and there to repair them temporarily until you can find a replacement, but overall, it's one of those critical parts that makes me wonder ever since AGD shrunk.

Ando
10-05-2010, 08:32 AM
I still have the same one in my first mag i purchased new back in 98. 12yrs and counting.

Only time i've ever seen or had to replace one was due to the installation of a lvl 10 bolt.

I never put a lvl 10 in my old mag so i'm sure i'll have issues if I do. :rolleyes:

Never actually had one wear out on me.

factoid
10-05-2010, 08:52 AM
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18

I came across one when I was digging through my part boxes and I wanted to ask the question: How long do they last in a gun before it blows out and needs to be replaced? I know there's been little tricks here and there to repair them temporarily until you can find a replacement, but overall, it's one of those critical parts that makes me wonder ever since AGD shrunk.

Same as Ando...I've had one going strong since 99. Classic valves are plentiful and cheap on the used market so worst case scenario is that if AGD goes away we'll all start raiding ebay for used valves to use as scrap.

It's also not a terrifically complicated part. I'm sure one of the many machine-shops out there who still make aftermarket mag parts could whip up a batch.

In fact I'd wager that if AGD ever shut down they'd sell off their IP to a friendly company who would continue to manufacture first-party spares.

snoopay700
10-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Same as Ando...I've had one going strong since 99. Classic valves are plentiful and cheap on the used market so worst case scenario is that if AGD goes away we'll all start raiding ebay for used valves to use as scrap.

It's also not a terrifically complicated part. I'm sure one of the many machine-shops out there who still make aftermarket mag parts could whip up a batch.

In fact I'd wager that if AGD ever shut down they'd sell off their IP to a friendly company who would continue to manufacture first-party spares.
Even so, as has been said time and time again, AGD isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I think they're here to stay until paintball is no longer popular, which will be a long time.