PDA

View Full Version : air system?

kwik175
10-06-2010, 10:42 AM
I recently purchased an emag. I know that rt mags like 1000+ input pressure but what I don't know is does the emag need the same? I am assuming that in mech mode this is better, but what if I am only using electro. All of my hpa tanks are 800-900 psi output.

factoid
10-06-2010, 12:10 PM
It should fire fine on a standard output tank in the 850-900 range. The higher pressure is only needed if you want the RT effect.

kwik175
10-06-2010, 12:50 PM
It seems that electro works fine w/o the valve installed by holding my finger against the sear but once the valve is installed it will not fire. Any ideas? Also have some bolt sticking occasonally when in mech mode. I checked the on/off and it seems fine.

factoid
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
What kind of mainbody do you have? If it's a ULE check to make sure your detent doesn't go in too far.

As for the gun not firing has the battery been fully charged? Kind of sounds like it's too weak to activate the on/off. The battery could be drained or no longer holding a good charge.

kwik175
10-06-2010, 06:56 PM
The gun has karta body and rail. I purchased a 12v charger from Summary Judgement the other day. When I tried to charge the battery the charger was already lit up green as in done. I unplugged the charger and tried it again but it still showed green as done. Not once did it flash red for charging. I assumed the battery was charged. I guess what you are saying is that the detents can catch the bolt and cause it to stick. The bolt is sticking forward. I will check it tomorrow. The battery is original AGD, is there a way to check output current from it?

athomas
10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
If the battery is original equipment, it is past its life expectancy. If it has been stored without a charge in it, its even worst because the internal electrodes probably have deposits on them limiting the current capability.

kwik175
10-09-2010, 09:07 PM
i'll check. thank you