PDA

View Full Version : Smartparts barrel

mag
02-10-2002, 01:34 PM
i just wanted to know or make sure that the smartparts teardrop barrel is a 2 peice?
does this mean i could unscrew back and put on a freak back when ready?

Lone Gunman
02-10-2002, 02:08 PM
If the Tear Drop is a two piecer (I'm not sure, I know that AA's and Big Daddies are) it is glued together. So you can't add the Freak front.

You see, the Freak is a barrel system that has three parts, the back, the front, and an insert. The insert goes inside the back piece and then the front screws into the back. The inserts are different sizes so that you can shoot any sized paint you want.

Hope this helps.

[NA]WARLORD
02-10-2002, 05:04 PM
All Smart Parts barrels are 2 piece designs, except the Freak and the new All American ( which is still a 2 piece, but the tip isnt glued like the old ones).

WesternRT
02-11-2002, 11:15 AM
i dont know what kind of teardrop's u guys have seen but i have 2 of them sitting here in my room right now and neither of them are 2 piece. I know they just came out with a new design so maybe they changed them but the older ones are one piece.

[NA]WARLORD
02-11-2002, 02:05 PM
You may be right on the new Teardrop WesternRT, but all the origional style Smart Parts barrels were two pieces glued together to make one barrel, the back section is actually the bore, while the front section is a muzzle break, the muzzle break is then epoxied into the back piece. I know this for a fact as I have had them seperate on me at different times.

Puckz
02-11-2002, 02:42 PM
The original TearDrop barrels are one piece and only come in 12" length. The All American TearDrop is a 2 piece barrel with an All American back and a teardrop front, its now called the Big Daddy Barrel.

The new all american barrels use freak fronts with a threaded back. The Big Daddy barrels will probably come like this soon if they don't get discontinued.

[NA]WARLORD
02-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Sorry Puckz, but i have a 14" Teardrop, not a Big Daddy, that i have had before the Big Daddy was even introduced. It is a 2 piece design, however new Teardrop is a one piece design.

WesternRT
02-11-2002, 06:02 PM
hey NA, i was saying that the old style teardrops are one piece. I have no idea about the new style. I just took out one of mine and examined it for about 10 minutes. there is no way this is a 2 piece barrel and it is a 12" the bore is smooth all the way from end to end, if it was glued there would be a small seam at least. Maybe ill call SP tomorrow and see what they say.

[NA]WARLORD
02-11-2002, 06:55 PM
Heres what i was talking about;

[NA]WARLORD
02-11-2002, 06:57 PM
top 4 and bottom (obviously Automag) are 2 piece designs, taken right from their website, under barrel section, Teardrops.

Puckz
02-12-2002, 12:06 AM
Sorry buy you are quite wrong. The 2-piece tear drop barrel is the big daddy barrel, they are the same thing. The one piece tear drops have been on the market for at least 7 years, probably a lot more. They are the same exact thing as the progressive barrel, with fancier holes milled in them. I used to have one on a VM-68. At that time the only 2 piece barrel available was the All American, standard style.

Also sorry to burst you bubble but none of the barrels in that picture are 2 piece barrels.

gmag
02-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Mine is a 1 piece. 12 inches.

MikeCouves
02-12-2002, 07:01 PM
Sigh. The newer style TearDrop's as posted in that picture are NOT 2 piece. They are one piece design. Smart Parts's 2 Piece barrels are the All American and the All American Teardrop, and the Freak System.

Believe me, newer style TearDrop's AREN'T 2 Piece. I don't know about the older ones though, get in contact with cphilip he should definately know ;).

Edit: Found this on their website.

http://www.smartparts.com/page/73

Go down to where you can press the "Purchase" keys and it says they are only 1 Piece.

[NA]WARLORD
02-17-2002, 12:15 PM
Ok I stand corrected, thanx for enlightening me. However MikeCouves, you are mistaken on one thing, those are the old style Teardrops/BigDaddies, The new style Barrels have the ported end like a Freak tip, sort of concave at the end, and are smooth all the way back until it reaches the threading. They (Smart Parts) havent updated their site yet, but do have pics of it in their new catalog.